Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: If I didn't have enough problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stockton on Tees..North East UK.
    Posts
    4,488

    Default If I didn't have enough problems

    Due to the adverse weather conditions Mrs T has brought some of the French Polishing jobs indoors, working on four soprano's She didn't notice that one of the unfinished necks had fallen on the floor but Max our pet Shihtzu spotted it and and ran off with it ... By the time we realised that it was missing and what he had done, it was too late he'd chewed the heel off and left dozens of deep teeth marks all over the head stock. Luckily I had a spare one in stock.
    PICT0059.jpg
    PICT0064.jpg
    Last edited by Timbuck; 02-28-2018 at 02:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Does this mean you'll be starting a line of distressed models?



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Upper US
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Yes, the Shihtzu Relic Series!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Especially for frustrated players, pre-chewed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    That neck looks Shihtzu

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stockton on Tees..North East UK.
    Posts
    4,488

    Default

    The culprit.
    PICT0047.jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Perhaps a new marketing campaign? Timms ukuleles; they sound great AND they taste great!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hudson, MA
    Posts
    1,502

    Default

    I always thought your ukes looked very tasty

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hard to get very angry with a dog that cute.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stockton on Tees..North East UK.
    Posts
    4,488

    Default

    Just for something to do while I'm waiting for the snow to go away, I did a bit of an experiment on the damaged headstock ..I put it in a pan of boiling water for about 20 minutes to try and raise the wood fibers in the damaged area ..Then left it on a hot radiator for a couple of hours to dry out ..then a bit of sanding but not a lot...and gave it a coat of FP..and here is the result not perfect but it's something to remember if I do a restoration job in the future.
    Before
    PICT0064.jpg
    After
    PICT0084.jpg

    PICT0010 (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Timbuck; 02-28-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •