If I didn't have enough problems

Timbuck

Reaction score
Due to the adverse weather conditions Mrs T has brought some of the French Polishing jobs indoors, working on four soprano's She didn't notice that one of the unfinished necks had fallen on the floor :( but Max our pet Shihtzu spotted it and and ran off with it ... By the time we realised that it was missing and what he had done, it was too late he'd chewed the heel off and left dozens of deep teeth marks all over the head stock. :mad: Luckily I had a spare one in stock.
PICT0059.jpg
PICT0064.jpg

Last edited:
That neck looks Shihtzu

Perhaps a new marketing campaign? Timms ukuleles; they sound great AND they taste great!

Just for something to do while I'm waiting for the snow to go away, I did a bit of an experiment on the damaged headstock ..I put it in a pan of boiling water for about 20 minutes to try and raise the wood fibers in the damaged area ..Then left it on a hot radiator for a couple of hours to dry out ..then a bit of sanding but not a lot...and gave it a coat of FP..and here is the result not perfect but it's something to remember if I do a restoration job in the future.
Before
PICT0064.jpg
After
PICT0084.jpg

PICT0010 (2).jpg

Attachments

• PICT0070.jpg
    PICT0070.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

I love that face!

Turning lemons into lemonade, just use it and tell folks that this the new DogTooth model :)

At least he has 'good taste' in woods :biglaugh:

We used to have several Shih Tzus, wonderful breed.

The oldest ones live to be 20 yrs old and at that point became totally senile. We miss them a lot.

Ken- id just veneer it with a new piece of perfect wood. It would be invisible, look perfect, and quicker then boiling and sanding etc. bevel the new edge down the the old edge line.

That's a pretty respectable result.

Beauty marks!

Just for something to do while I'm waiting for the snow to go away, I did a bit of an experiment on the damaged headstock ..I put it in a pan of boiling water for about 20 minutes to try and raise the wood fibers in the damaged area ..Then left it on a hot radiator for a couple of hours to dry out ..then a bit of sanding but not a lot...and gave it a coat of FP..and here is the result not perfect but it's something to remember if I do a restoration job in the future.
Before
View attachment 106962
After
View attachment 106963

View attachment 106964
What?!!!! You put the dog in boiling water for 20 minutes?!!!!

Wait.. err.. never mind..

"I went to the zoo today.
They only had one animal, -a dog.
It was a Shihtzu!"

Top Bottom