Oasis OH-18 humidifier question.

Hmm, I wonder at which point one should have to get worried about the Oasis not really wrinkling..? It's been several weeks already, and I can hardly see any wrinkles on it yet.

The weather isn't super dry; if my hardware store hygrometer is reliable, it has been hanging mostly around 25-35.

Be grateful for that. Repeated wrinkling may damage the liner and then the humidifier will start to leak. I try to keep them as upright as possible and straighten them each time I open the case and take the uke out to play.

Hmm, I wonder at which point one should have to get worried about the Oasis not really wrinkling..? It's been several weeks already, and I can hardly see any wrinkles on it yet.

The weather isn't super dry; if my hardware store hygrometer is reliable, it has been hanging mostly around 25-35.

Be grateful for that. Repeated wrinkling may damage the liner and then the humidifier will start to leak. I try to keep them as upright as possible and straighten them each time I open the case and take the uke out to play.

Oh, I thought the wrinkling was supposed to be there to indicate that ot needs a refill. Well, maybe I'll just start refilling periodically once a week, regardless of how much it has shrunk.

I

I now refilled it for the first time after about 16 days. It drew something like 14-15 cl, so double the amount that Oasis recommends to fill every week. Quite precise!

But it's still clearly less than the first fill, so probably no harm done. . .

Hi hollisdwyer, I think your message got cut?

Thanks for pointing that out.
I think what I was saying was that I keep an hydrometer in all my cases and when in a location that requires it, I have always used the Oasis humidifier with no problems. I do however clean them out every 12 months and replace the crystals.

I use an Oasis OH-18 humidifier in my ukes. Between heat & a/c, our house stays pretty dry. I also have a hygrometer in my solid wood uke. I noticed one of my humidifier's sort of leaked, not a lot, just some moisture coming through. I had it for around 9 months, so now I replace them every 6 months.

Top Bottom