Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Bad Boys here?

Default What happened to the Bad Boys here?

Used to be some posters who really stirred things up. Regularly got booted for a "time out" by the moderator. I miss those guys. Humor and irreverence are essential for maintaining my interest in this forum.
    I'll kick it off: Players who only pick melodies and such but don"t sing are wimps. Real players strum like mad and sing LOUDLY to the heavens.
    Let the fun begin.

You sound like someone who learns a couple of chords to strum and goes around telling everyone your a musician.

Funny, I don't remember Roy Smeck, John King or other uke virtuosos singing...did I miss something?

Speaking of Bad Boys, I haven't heard the old canard "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating" lately. Maybe the PC Police gave em all the boot?
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-02-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Sometimes I miss the banned people. Not all were boys. At least one was a Bad Girl.
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by Capsfan89 View Post
    You sound like someone who learns a couple of chords to strum and goes around telling everyone your a musician.
    oooh. That's a good one in the Bad Boy (BB) tradition. Attack the poster directly. Well played. Just a note: "your" is correctly spelled "you're". (correcting someone who has attacked you is also in the BB tradition).
    Last edited by flailingfingers; 03-02-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Funny, I don't remember Roy Smeck, John King or other uke virtuosos singing...did I miss something?

Speaking of Bad Boys, I haven't heard the old canard "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating" lately. Maybe the PC Police gave em all the boot?
    Those are the wimps I speak of...virtuosos? Hah!
    Thanks for bringing up that old canard. That was always good for some heated blather.
    I do fear that the Boys have been booted. Our loss if so.
    Last edited by flailingfingers; 03-02-2018 at 05:32 AM.

Pictures speak louder than words

Internet-Troll.jpg

Don't miss that kind of stuff at all. A few times I was called out by a member for no good reason at all, but because I hate confrontation, I didn't respond. I believe if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all. One of my favorite recent songs that our group does is "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://.www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 03-11-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Pictures speak louder than words

Internet-Troll.jpg
    Perfect. Should be ukuleles lying all about he floor though. (see, as a BB I must offer some correction)

Default Humor suggestion

For those having a bit of trouble understanding the twisted humor going on here: have a marathon viewing session, most likely on uTube, of the Monty Python shows. That may help.

Thread Information