Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 316 - The Sea, The Sea

Default Season 316 - The Sea, The Sea

Ahoy Seasonistas!

For Season 316, let's play songs about the sea.

Usual rules

- Season starts Sunday, March 4th at 00:00 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, March 11th at 12 PM.
    - Multi tracking and other instruments are fine, but ukulele should be the main instrument
    - Mention in the video "Season 316"
    - 3 song limit

When you have done three songs, there are two options for bonus songs:
    1) Any song which mentions the sea by a band with a plural noun in the name (like The Beatles, Hanoi Rocks, Gorillaz...)
    2) Any song that says that the sea is <other color than blue> (for example "the sea is green" or "sea was white")

You can use bonus song option 1) or 2) or both.

Original songs and instrumentals are very welcome.

And as Harry122 brilliantly predicted, I have no objection if you include some whistling with a mouthful of dry saltines.

Prize

They say that the best prize is ukulele. This week, the prize is a Brüko (Brueko) longneck soprano, made of cherry and walnut. (No rosewood, so I can ship this internationally.)

The winner will be chosen randomly.

There might be some additional small prizes, too.

Comments

I'll put my comments on your YouTube videos and don't duplicate them here. As you probably know, my comments are enthusiastic but short and pretty basic, so please help me and comment each other's entries.

Please don't forget that Benji's excellent season still has a day to go. 2nd Sunday: The Ruttles, Outkast, Green Day, Tim McGraw, Any Hymn

Most important: Have fun!

Playlist

Ylle, wonderful theme and very generous prize! (I vote for the house cat ...)
    Martin C1K • KoAlana mahogany concert <VBG> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Fluke natural concert <BG> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Lanakai LU-21 baritone • Kala KA-EBY-S soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Can the artist/band reference the sea as well?
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Can the artist/band reference the sea as well?
    Why not. Everything related to sea - the name of the song, lyrics, artist/band...

What a great theme, and wow, what a brilliant prize for someone.

Hi
    In Iceland we have a lot of songs about the sea (and I mean thousands) - I will probably do things in Icelandic if that is ok. I can include translations of lyrics.
    I am challenging myself to do a song a day. How many bonuses are alowed? If just two then I will not post the other days here.
    Lookimg forwards to begin this theme after 315 is over.

Default one more question

Since I am new I am not yet clear on one thing. Do seasons begin on Sunday or do they begin at midnight when Sunday turns into Monday?
    Regards
    Caz

They begin on Sunday. A Season lasts for eight days - Sunday through the next Sunday. Each Sunday is both the last day of one Season and the first day of the next Season.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thanks for your swift answer. I shall then be ready with a hymn and a sea related song tomorroe.

Excellent theme.

I have two books of sea songs, mostly shanties.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information