Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG Hard Chords

Building strength & dexterity in your fretting hand is a real asset, these "Hanon" exercises coupled with your regular daily practice will definitely help.
    Free e-book here; http://ukeofcarl.com/hanon-for-ukulele-free-ebook/
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

I agree, exercises, practice and patience in everything. Even after forty years I'll still get a Woah what is that? feeling on some obscure chords but after a dozen or so repetitions, back and forth they become easier. Having said that, if I do not play a sequence for a while, I will still stumble now and then.

Will tuning a half step down give me the same tension as putting concert strings on? Or will concert strings still be easier?

It's probably best to keep things as simple as possible and use what you've already got, experimenting with Bb or even B tuning will definitely enable easier fretting
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    It's probably best to keep things as simple as possible and use what you've already got, experimenting with Bb or even B tuning will definitely enable easier fretting
    I’ve had my tenor for 3 weeks and have already tried 4 different sets of strings with 2 more sets coming in tomorrow. I like to tinker

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post
    For me Bb tuning is practically a no-brainer because of the way I play: using relative patterns and relative notation.

Apologies if I'm telling you what you already know; this is rather basic uke lore.
    No worries! I love the help, however basic it may be. Can you elaborate on the first part of this quote? How does the way you play determine you using Bb tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by NoyBoy98 View Post
    ... I really just wanted people to rant with me lol, ...
    You should've said so earlier...

Get yourself a soprano, and stop complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by jimavery View Post
    You should've said so earlier...

Get yourself a soprano, and stop complaining!

Haha, actually, I went and borrowed my sister’s soprano and it felt super cramped which didn’t really make it any easier. Thinking about a concert though.

Thread Information