MIM's Ukes ebay --> Reverb

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
I have used MIM's ukes a few times in the past and I know she personally sets up every ukulele that she sells, which is great. Has she officially transitioned all of her business over to Reverb now?
She was on ebay as http://stores.ebay.com/mimsukes/
But now it looks like as of March 2018, she's exclusively on Reverb:
https://reverb.com/shop/mimsukes
Update your Favorites in your browsers!

EBay takes a big bite out of each and every sale.
I don't blame Mim for going elsewhere.

Well, Mim is here on UU and I’m sure she can speak for herself. She did mention visiting with Reverb at NAMM and she has been happy with the service—and I recently bought a Ohana pineapple sopranissimo from her via Reverb and the experience was flawless, too.

eBay gets you with excessive fees (they really are) and PayPal takes at least the usual credit card charges. So if you can lessen the impact of one of those—you’re ahead.

And Reverb is also a place where instruments and equipmemt are sold...it is all they do. So there is something nice about working with a smaller company (based in Chicago, I think) that specializes in those sales.

It also is pretty darn tricky to (basically) be a one person company and to maintain inventory (the same inventory) on multiple sites. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reverb could be embedded within Mim’s site. Time is a resource—I’d rather have Mim setting things up and shipping as she does rather than maintaining her site, Reverb, and eBay and running her own ecommerce pages!

Last edited:
If you see something you like, I'd recommend emailing direct and cutting out the middlemen.

She may be keeping the eBay site up until she goes through the inventory she had there.

I'm with Jim: Email her directly. She's always a joy to deal with.

IIRC, some eagle-eyed UU member posted about seeing her Reverb storefront about 6 months ago.

Just a wild guess on my part that she's made a full transition to Reverb from eBay, since when I checked just now here eBay storefront has zero inventory and her Reverb storefront has 420+ items in inventory.

So by observation, it is likely safe to assume that this will be her alternate function for those that do not know how to buy direct, and/or want to use Reverb.

I never spoke to MIM directly, so this is all speculation on my part. Feel free to correct me if my thinking is too far off.

I welcome the input.

It is nice to see that MIM is still going strong, wherever she hangs her shingle, and that is really what we all care the most about, am I right?

Mim is “da man”

Top Bottom