Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: "Life On Mars" - Ukulele Solo.

  1. #1

    Default "Life On Mars" - Ukulele Solo.

    David Bowie was a great influence musically on me. His song " Life on Mars" beautifully arranged by the late Mick Ronson is such a classic.

    I hope you enjoy my arrangement of Life on Mars played on an Ohana TK35G with low G tuning!
    Mike.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Cool playing.
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin Light Blue Burst, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    I have been living under a rock. The first time I heard this song was at Uke Jam.
    I have no idea you can play finger style with this one. Nicely played. Throughly enjoyed it. Thank you for posting !
    Brenda

    Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi Lapyang, Thank you Cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    I have been living under a rock. The first time I heard this song was at Uke Jam.
    I have no idea you can play finger style with this one. Nicely played. Throughly enjoyed it. Thank you for posting !
    Hi Brenda, I am not sure if David Bowie was just a UK phenomena. After the Beatles split up it was Bowie that ignited the youth of the UK. He was a huge influence on teenagers in the early 70s. This was the ground breaking video created by Mick Rock. Massively over exposed but looks fantastic............great and well worth a watch if you have never seen it!

    Mike

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Mike, do you remember SAM the Record Man on Yonge street ? Poster of David Bowie was always on display. I just never really paid attention to his songs. I was more into classical guitar and soft music . David Bowie was definitely an icon here in North America.
    Brenda

    Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Abbotsford British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I remember Sam the Record Man, takes me back a bit to a summer spent in Newmarket. Used to go down to the Young Street Mall as it was closed to traffic for a few years.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bowral NSW AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    7,752

    Default

    Wow, this is fabulous Mike, great arrangement and wonderful playing mate
    All the best,
    Campbell


    YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Mike, do you remember SAM the Record Man on Yonge street ? Poster of David Bowie was always on display. I just never really paid attention to his songs. I was more into classical guitar and soft music . David Bowie was definitely an icon here in North America.
    Brenda, I have never heard of SAM the record Man!!!! I thought David Bowie would be well known in North America!
    I don't think classical guitar or soft music was on my radar when I had my Les Paul strapped on plugged into my Marshall Stack.........there was no hope for me really!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camsuke View Post
    Wow, this is fabulous Mike, great arrangement and wonderful playing mate
    Thanks Campbell. It was not a 5 minute effort to work this out. It was an ongoing work in progress for a few weeks. In the end I was glad when I recorded it and put it to bed! I think you will know what I mean!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHollandGuitar View Post
    Brenda, I have never heard of SAM the record Man!!!! I thought David Bowie would be well known in North America!
    I don't think classical guitar or soft music was on my radar when I had my Les Paul strapped on plugged into my Marshall Stack.........there was no hope for me really!
    [IMG]201737-sams-sign.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_ by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Brenda

    Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •