NGD.....Taylor GS mini

@Jim Hank, it is bigger than any ukulele or guitarlele that is for sure

@Ukecaster, nice to hear you think highly of the Taylor. That is interesting that you owned a Larrivee L-01, apparently there weren't many made.

@Rakelele, Rainer your new Pono small body trez type guitar is stunning to look at, I love a sunburst. The Taylor is fairly plan looking with a mat finish but it plays and sounds nice.

I bought the same GS mini a few months ago and I love it, beautiful sound and projection, best £400 I have spent so far on an instrument of any kind

Just picked up on this thread so, congrats on the beautiful Taylor (and on the others, as well). As you know, I too love the full resonance and sustain that comes from steel strings. Sold my wonderful Canadian made Larrivee several years back and still plans to have my head examined soon. I still have an old Martin D2832 and a one off custom Jonathan Payne that I still drool over just looking at . Assuming that you are focusing on chord/melody style, I strongly suggest that you try Elixar Lights on your 6 strings, my favorites, for sure. If your travels ever bring you to northern Arkansas, come on by and we'll share a frosty and make some acoustic noise. KEEP ON PICKIN!

Just picked up on this thread so, congrats on the beautiful Taylor (and on the others, as well). As you know, I too love the full resonance and sustain that comes from steel strings. Sold my wonderful Canadian made Larrivee several years back and still plans to have my head examined soon. I still have an old Martin D2832 and a one off custom Jonathan Payne that I still drool over just looking at . Assuming that you are focusing on chord/melody style, I strongly suggest that you try Elixar Lights on your 6 strings, my favorites, for sure. If your travels ever bring you to northern Arkansas, come on by and we'll share a frosty and make some acoustic noise. KEEP ON PICKIN!

Thanks brother. If I am ever in your neck of the woods I will look you up for sure.

Elixirs do work well on GSMs, but having owned 3 of them; a mahogany, a koa, and still owning a rosewood/spruce - I can say that in my experience, the only one that sounded good with lights was the koa. The other two lost too much in volume and bass when I switched from Elixir mediums to lights. The koa also suffered a little, but the difference was slight enough to be outweighed by the improvement in playability.

Elixirs do work well on GSMs, but having owned 3 of them; a mahogany, a koa, and still owning a rosewood/spruce - I can say that in my experience, the only one that sounded good with lights was the koa. The other two lost too much in volume and bass when I switched from Elixir mediums to lights. The koa also suffered a little, but the difference was slight enough to be outweighed by the improvement in playability.

I have DR Rares mediums on my GS Mini spruce top. Warmed up the tone a bit, which I wanted and volume and playability are good.

Very nice indeed Dave. One day, when I’m as rich as you, I might be able to afford a Taylor too.
Seriously, by sheer co-incidence, I played with one of your new acquisitions only this morning. Much smaller than my current guitars but very playable and a lovely bit of kit. Congratulations my friend.

Top Bottom