Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwaya - new model

Default Kiwaya - new model

No affiliation, saw on the Bay. Kiwaya KPS-1K, supposedly a new model. Sure is purdy. Might be labeled wrong, says concert in title line, but mentions soprano in ad verbiage, plus KPS is usually sop, while KPC is concert. There's another listing for a KPC for double the price, plus shipping from Japan. But both are 14 frets to the body, I still don't get that, on a sop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiwaya-KPS-...YAAOSwCGham74K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KIWAYA-KIWA....c100507.m3226

Concert.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.

That sure is pretty, and I bet it plays like a dream.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    No affiliation, saw on the Bay. Kiwaya KPS-1K, supposedly a new model. Sure is purdy. Might be labeled wrong, says concert in title line, but mentions soprano in ad verbiage, plus KPS is usually sop, while KPC is concert. There's another listing for a KPC for double the price, plus shipping from Japan. But both are 14 frets to the body, I still don't get that, on a sop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiwaya-KPS-...YAAOSwCGham74K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KIWAYA-KIWA....c100507.m3226

Concert.jpg
    Those are gorgeous! They look like they are influenced by the Takumi higher end models.

I'm curious - what don't you get about 14 frets on a soprano? I think it's great and wish it was a more common feature!

I was looking at these on Elderly's site. They really look great. Plus, they're Kiwayas. Even their cheapest ukuleles are excellent.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

I think I got an email from Elderly on this as well. It caught my eye in the email. The original listing in Japan is an American expat who runs a uke shop in Japan. I would love to check that out some day. I've never pulled the trigger on ordering from him but he sounds legit.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Quote Originally Posted by igorthebarbarian View Post
    I think I got an email from Elderly on this as well. It caught my eye in the email. The original listing in Japan is an American expat who runs a uke shop in Japan. I would love to check that out some day. I've never pulled the trigger on ordering from him but he sounds legit.
    I've ordered from him - it was so easy, and shipped in two days. Highly recommended!

That is lovely, for sure. I like Kiwaya. You can also buy a very lovely Takumi 3K concert from HMS for $1,600 shipped. I've played the one they have in stock and if it stays on there much longer, I will be putting it in my cart. ;-)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

When I was looking for my concert, I saw these at Elderly. They are called "Strummers." I don't know what that means exactly, but I wanted a picker. You can see slight differences between that model and the KTCs, not sure how much real difference they make.
    Tiny Tenor spruce/mahogany
    Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert
    Timms 1K soprano
    Kiwaya KS-5 soprano
    Flight Travel soprano

Here you can see it moving. The speaker is not speaking English, if that matters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upAKKlWR8PY

So is KPS a concert? Strange. Any day now I hope to receive Gotoh geared tuners for my Kiwaya soprano. I got mine from Elderly - very good company.

Pretty sure KPS is soprano, and they have that one moslabeled in the ebay ad. Concert should be KPC.

Thread Information