Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 317 - Outside

shine on harvest moon in my garden with cheap soprano,my first uke,shot on my Iphone

This time last week we had snow, but today it is almost feeling like spring. Our garden is slowly coming to life, a daffodil or two here and there, a few other bulbs that we can't remember planting, but not a lot else yet. So, enjoy the view of the rather bare back fence, and the side of the house next door, while I do a Cole Porter song which seemed appropriate.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

A Tom Waits cover, "Cold Water." Did I mention "cold?"

Randy - Harry122

This is a real tall order for me pa. I'm really self conscience about playing solo around people and outside and stuff like that, I didn't care when I played bass in bands, but me as a solo is a whole different deal. I know it's dumb, but it's how I feel. So I walked outside on my deck, on a chilly day here, got set up to "sneak" in a take of this Jim Lauderdale and Robert Hunter written tune I heard the first time for the other day, and wouldn't ya know it, neighbors came outside in the house behind me, and dogs started barking at me at the house next to me. Ugggggg...I about gave up then to be honest. I did this quick one so-so take when the neighbors went back inside, but I was thinking they'd come back out any moment. This is not a neighborhood where people go outside and sing and play instruments. Hey, at least the title of this song kinda fits this weeks theme right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering Bassist View Post
    This is not a neighborhood where people go outside and sing and play instruments.
    I was thinking exactly the same about this one. Maybe we should all move to the same street and do this all the time?
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I haven't been this excited to see what my fellow Seasinistas come up with in a long time.

Great idea for a theme, Pa. I'm looking forward to this tremendously, and I got an idea for a unique outdoor place for tomorrow.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Awwwww man, just yesterday we had a kanikapila (jam session) outside at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu. I will definitely bring some songs, great idea Brian!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

I apologize to everyone else for being able to sit outside comfortably in short sleeves. Actually, even in short sleeves, it was still a little hot. This was from yesterday; it's somewhat cooler today. I'm trying to learn this song for a FB group. Short outtake at the end.

I'll probably do one from old tractor tyre later. For this one and the following, I'm sitting on the tub that we bathe the dog in.

I honestly didn't even notice the woodpecker. My camera hears better than I do.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Another one I managed to record yesterday in spite of the puppy we are temporarily puppy-sitting, who wanted to play, of course, being a puppy. This is a song I'm trying to memorize, but I still flubbed the lyrics even with using my phone as a cheat sheet.

Gratuitous puppy footage after the song.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thread Information