Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 317 - Outside

Right. Problem I have is it's still mainly dark when I leave for work and the sun is going down when I go home. Luckily I had a decent run with traffic this evening and didn't need to go to the shop on the way so I ignored my wife's pleas for dinner and headed out to the balcony to play one of the few songs I know how to play but haven't done for the seasons before. Quick run through to remind myself and then a one take noodle. Apologies for the car noises.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

A Finnish children's song about winter frost, recorded in a patch of woods near my home. "Winter frost" is an exaggeration here, the temperature was -3 C (26.6 F). Sound quality is poor, as there is a background noise from a big road and my thick cuff muted the strings (just like ubulele just said). But otherwise, this must be the liveliest performance from me ever.

Wouldnt you know my neighbors directly behind me has decided to put a new roof on today and its spring break for all the kids this week. Today they are stripping the old roof off. I've been awake since early morning listening to the scrapping and banging! I'll try to get something done later. Tomorrow my yard will be filled with irrigation water. Turn on time is 1 pm. If I don't get something done today I don't know what Ill do. BTW its 80+ degrees today. Nice and sunny. So sunny that the glare might be too much to see if I'm in the shot? I defo have to memorize this song!

Wish me luck!
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Wouldnt you know my neighbors directly behind me has decided to put a new roof on today and its spring break for all the kids this week. Today they are stripping the old roof off. I've been awake since early morning listening to the scrapping and banging! I'll try to get something done later. Tomorrow my yard will be filled with irrigation water. Turn on time is 1 pm. If I don't get something done today I don't know what Ill do. BTW its 80+ degrees today. Nice and sunny. So sunny that the glare might be too much to see if I'm in the shot? I defo have to memorize this song!

Wish me luck!
    LUCK!!!! The good kind!

This is one that Iíve been trying to learn for my preschool story times. H was glad to help me out since it meant falling down repeatedly in the snow.

"Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

Last Thursday, we had a snowstorm that knocked out several trees in the neighborhood. One of our next door neighbors had a tree fall on another neighbor's garage. Today, we've had over a foot (30 cm) of snow so far, and it won't ease up for several more hours. So this is best I can do for you this week.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

So, here I am early this frosty morning, in a parking lot, at the beginning of my long Tuesday work day. I did this song because my wife likes it a lot, she's been wanting me to record it for awhile, and it does involve being outside.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post

Wish me luck!
    My neighbours across the road are having a room built on above the garage. Fortunately our house was in the way which muffled most of the sound of the workmen so it didn't really cause a problem. There was also some bird song but I welcome that.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information