A place you’ve been many times before
    No roof above no walls around
    Bring that natural outdoor sound

Maybe find some wilderness
    Beyond the work and city stress
    By a raging river or gentle stream
    Or a secret spot where no one’s been

Season 317 - Outside.

Over the years some fun memorable season's videos have been recorded outside.

I remember Myrna in an Hawaiian getup singing in the snow. I recall Ralf doing a video from a sandy beach. Jon often does outdoor vids from parks and I recall when he used to do them outside his rural residence and we’d hear the birds chirping and even the rooster crowing. I recall Berni doing some quite involved outdoor shoots and we’ve all watched Linda doing her veranda vids from ‘the cabin’. Rick (BKV) and The Ukelites brought a vid from the bottom of The Grand Canyon! Joko loves bringing outdoor vids. He did one just last week.

I’ve seen videos of Rob’s garden and of the construction of a strange shaped shelter frame in his yard. Randy used to do his in front of the real brick exterior wall of his house. Rick (H) often brings songs from his yard and he did one recently from the Outer Banks. I’ve seen Andrew do vids from his rose garden and Elmann too. The other Andy used to often bring outdoor vids and I recall seeing the deer photo bomb a backyard video done by Doug Frink. I’ve seen Benji do vids from outside as well. Again, just last week we saw Gina shovelling snow.

I vaguely recall seeing an unflattering view of TCK’s butt on a jetty somewhere, but some things you do try to erase from your brain. I’ve seen Ryan doing songs from his balcony and Texas Alan doing songs sitting on a tractor tyre.

That’s just off the top of my head, there have been many more, all that little bit more enjoyable because of the trouble taken to record and share them from outdoors.

So this week deliver a song straight to your recording device outside in the great outdoors – even if it’s just outside your back door.

Single track and no post production audio work please – just you and your uke and mother nature.

Bring as many songs as you like – but all from outside. If your song fits the theme even better but you can bring whatever songs you like as long as they are recorded outside.

I sure hope the weather cooperates!

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 03-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.

It's raining!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

LOL! I was trying to record outside today for a FB group and the puppy we are puppy-sitting kept knocking over my camera and trying to chew on my phone! I will give it another go.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    It's raining!
    We're supposed to have lousy weather here Sunday and Monday, but I'm just going to put a chair on our front landing and record something.

LOVE this theme, Pa!
    Martin C1K KoAlana mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Flea koa soprano Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Lanakai LU-21 baritone Kala KA-EBY-S soprano Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    It's raining!
    So that'll be 'Singing In The Rain' then......
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I have a 30 foot maple limb down in the yard from a snowstorm two days ago. I may have to pass on this one.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

So just to be clear, you just want us and our ukes, au naturale?
    "Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

It's -6 C. 21 F. As cold as a Koch brother's heart. I'm in.
    Randy - Harry122

Quote Originally Posted by UkuleleLibrarian View Post
    So just to be clear, you just want us and our ukes, au naturale?
    When I once used the term 'au naturale' as host I got a video with the performer wearing their birthday suit.

Given the weather up north I think clothing is advisable.

I will try to get something done but probably won’t be in a canoe this time.

Thread Information