Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 317 - Outside

Back to basics for ya Pa. I have gotten so technical and in depth that I forgot I can still record a video in 10 minutes if I want. In the Intro I say week 320 - oops!

This is Me & Magdalena by The Monkees off their 2016 album 'Good Times'. Of course their will be a multi-tracked 'SUPER' version to come later, but for now here is the trimmed down 'Back To Basics' mix.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and enjoy my videos Here

Greetings,

Well my idea to record down by the railroad tracks was thwarted by the sleet, however I did get an outside recording complete with gloves and sleet. Vocals and playing may have suffered a bit my hands went numb. I chose Closing Time by the Semisonics as it fit the idea of the coming back into the house.

Ciao
    "Keep myself away, how am I gonna keep myself away from me" (Counting Crows)

The wind has died down a lot since yesterday, and now it's nice and cool outside. I did one I've had memorized since I was about 12 years old.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

It is cold and a chill wind rips through the microphone as well as me. So why am I not wearing a jacket? I am an imbecile. Here's a song about an outdoor location where I should be right now.

Randy - Harry122

As promised...

Greetings from the sea: Season 316 wrap has been posted.
    And now back Outside.

Fine day and blue skies, though it's clouding over now. Perfect for outdoor recording. Contrast with yesterday's rain.

Leaving London by Tom Paxton. The basic video has not been post processed but I've "topped and tailed" it and added titles.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Hello again, Brian! Did this this morning as rain is threatened later. Second take ... had to move venue as was interrupted by husband and dog. Second recording done by front door and, as with Geoff, the basic video is unaltered although I have obviously added odd bits and pieces. AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!!!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Dean Beaver Guest

I went for a walk up to the top of this hill at a local reserve, taking my music gear with me up to the old lookout monument, with all-around views over Ocean and Land, where I recorded "All Along The Watchtower" , originally by Bob Dylan 1967 .

My new Baritone tuned gCEA, but I've been working on this one for a little while and recently strung it up ready for action, so it's very first song and first recording and first time being played Outside.

Comments are under the Description section under the Video on YT

Thanks for hosting and the great Theme Pa, love it, just what I needed to get out and about today ..

hope you enjoy the song

Last edited by Dean Beaver; 03-13-2018 at 03:21 AM.

I promised you mountains, Pa, so mountains you shall have. Here’s another very rough one take with the pink Waterman.

"Ah, Music. A Magic beyond all we do here!" - Albus Dumbledore.

Thread Information