Thread: Putting this together for my daughter...

Default Putting this together for my daughter...

Hi guys & girls,
    My daughter wants to sing this song at an upcoming event and has asked me to play it for her. I’ve sort of knocked the chord structure together, and I have the gist of how the song goes now, but it obviously still needs work. It’s a lovely song, but I feel a bit of a plonker singing it as it’s all from a young girl’s perspective and I’m a big, fat and ageing granddad! lol

Last edited by S11LKO; 03-14-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Original had poor video quality
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, a Ibanez GSR200 BASS, a 1964 Tatra Jumbo 9240 6 string acoustic, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, a Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor Cutaway electro acoustic uke, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke.

Very lovely indeed, my friend. You played it perfectly. I've always loved this song. May I make just one recommendation? To accentuate the bass, you should plug your guitar into an amp. Otherwise it is perfect.

All the best,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
    Very lovely indeed, my friend. You played it perfectly. I've always loved this song. May I make just one recommendation? To accentuate the bass, you should plug your guitar into an amp. Otherwise it is perfect.

All the best,
    Luke
    I’ll have another go soon and do just that Luke; thanks for the tip. As you know, I record all my stuff just sitting in front of my iPad and using its inbuilt mic. It doesn’t do a bad job overall but DOES knock out some frequencies - especially the bass ones.
    I’ve bought myself a ZOOM H5 recorder/interface which, once I’ve familiarised myself on how to use it, SHOULD afford better results.
    Again, thanks for your kind words and constructive criticism which are always help and appreciated.

Best regards and respect as always,
    Dave
    I own a Kawai KM-10 Baby Grand piano, a Technics KN-2000 electric keyboard, a Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic, a 50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo, an American Fender Stratocaster deluxe, an American Gibson SG Special, a Squier Telecaster Custom II with P90ís, a Ibanez GSR200 BASS, a 1964 Tatra Jumbo 9240 6 string acoustic, an Ozark 2035 suprano banjole, a tenor size Kmise banjole, a Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor Cutaway electro acoustic uke, and a Kala KA-CE electro acoustic uke.

OK, makes sense. Zoom makes nice recorders. Have fun with it.

Great song pick and well done! Love the photo with the wig!

Thanks John. I could almost get used to the wig - makes me feel like the rock star I never became. lol

Dave:

Give us an update. Did your daughter's event go well?

It did buddy, thanks.
    Sadly, she’s a teacher here of 4-6 year olds and the gig was attended by her class who also took a small part in it. Because of our over cautious ‘child protection protocols’ here in the U.K. (and don’t get me wrong; I’m all for protecting our kids), the organisers wouldn’t allow us to film as some of the parents hadn’t signed the necessary disclaimer allowing their children to appear in any resulting photos or videos which may have subsequently appeared on social network sites.
    So sadly, I have nothing to show you.
    I may see if I can talk my daughter into doing a repeat, albeit privately with me, so I can film and post for you.
    Thanks for asking and for your interest my friend.
    Regards, Dave

Thread Information