Pono Solid Body Mini Bass with Steel Strings?

Rakelele

Reaction score
Looks like Pono is prototyping a Mini Bass, based on their thinbody electric BE models. I hope they will make it to the market. Glad to see that it is not just another copy of the Kala U-Bass, but their very own approach with steel strings:

Pono_Mini_Bass.JPG

Wonder what the scale length is? I just like the sound of the Road Toad Pahoehoes on a Ubass. This bass with steel strings will probably draw bass guitar players, maybe, or someone who wants a more punchy sound.

I would be very interested, especially if it were 22-23" scale. I've had my eyes on this Monkey Wrench 22.75" scale baritone electric uke on which I would use Gold Tone LaBella flatwound steel strings. They run about $850, so I'm holding off for now.

http://monkeywrenchmusic.com/for-sale

Monkey Wrench 22.75.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Yep Jim, I've been in touch with them that last couple of days for a custom 22.75" Gibson SG style bass, he's mocking up something and says it should be $595, which I would be willing to spend.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom