FS: Mainland Tenor $185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryc41

Reaction score
FS: Mainland Tenor $185 - SOLD

This was built November 2015. A friend bought it about a year ago, but she found the tenor to be too large, so I swapped my Mainland soprano for it. With too many ukuleles taking up too much space, I want to start selling.

The reason I bought the Mainland soprano was that this one is so beautiful, and it still looks like new. If you know anything about Mainland, you know that they produce a quality product, and this one is no exception. It looks and sounds beautiful. It comes with a gig bag. Shipping will be Priority, insured, for $16.00. Pay with PayPal.

More pictures in following post.

01.jpg 02.jpg 05.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking tenor. But I'm tapped out for now. Best of luck with the sale.

Does anyone know how these measure up soundwise to the Ohana TK-35G?
Nice appointments with the rope binding.

Does anyone know how these measure up soundwise to the Ohana TK-35G?
Nice appointments with the rope binding.

I've had both, and found them very similar. In fact, many feel they are made in the exact same factory. Mine certainly appeared identical in construction, especially where the fingerboard joins the headstock under the nut. That joint was an exact match on both (see pic below). They also sounded very similar. When I bought the Mainland, I already had the Ohana TK-35G, which I kept. I didn't like the Ohana it at first, but it has opened up nicely; some string experimentation and going to low G convinced me to keep it, plus I like less ornate ukes, and wasn't big on the rope binding. I later switched out the tuners on the Ohana to UPTs. I bet that Mainland is a very nice uke, with a warm mahogany tone, much like my Ohana. I'm using Living Waters strings, with a Fremont Soloist wound low G, sounds wonderful.

20180206_160611-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've never played the Ohana, but my Mainland Cedar/tenor is a keeper, I would never part with it, in fact I have owned 2, one I used to gig with for a number of years and it never let me down, until a friend who thought he was a luthier told me he could fit an undersaddle pickup for me and ruined the bridge, but all in all I have owned some custom ukes and the Mainland is still my favourite uke out of them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom