Happy Passover!!!!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Happy Passover to Everyone!!

One of these days, I will have to learn Sean Altman's "They Tried To Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat!", but until then, here's the original:

(And for those aren't part of The Tribe, Happy Easter)

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Chag sa meh ach. Just came back from seder at our 97 year old mom's house with my twin brother, his wife, their two kids and our younger brother. Zipped through the Passover story and stuffed our faces. My first time out after having open heart surgery over two weeks ago.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Growing up, my Uncle led the Seders; Man couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, so never any singing. The entire Seder usually lasted about 2 hours, including eating, and where the Haggadah says "Drink a cup of wine", it was "Sip. Okay done." But they used the traditional Concord Grape wine, so that was probably a mitzvah.

I pretty much stopped celebrating Pesach when my Grandmother passed away, and only a few years ago started again when friends invited my wife and me to a Seder. They are professional musicians, so Oy, was there singing! And the Haggadah has been augmented, so we have a Feminist/Activist Seder. We sit about 7, the first food is around 9, and we finish sometime between 1 and 3 am, and there are between 16 and 22 people at the table.

Tonight, we are bringing a friend's child who hasn't been to a Seder for more than 10 years, while Mom travels to Grad School in another state for weekend classes. The son of the couple who are having the Seder is thrilled, because at 28 years old, he no longer has to ask the Four Questions- there will be someone younger than he is!

Anyway, Mike, congrats on successful cardiac surgery, congrats on your Mom going strong at 97, and Chag sameach back at you!

-Kurt​

Thanks, Happy Passover to you as well.

Top Bottom