Kamaka Gold Label soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Kamaka late 50's gold label soprano. This was bought by a traveling relative, then sat in her closet for 50 years, in it's original brown canvas uke bag. All solid koa with some flaming, 1 piece top & back. Unfortunately it dried out a bit over the years, and there were 3-4 top cracks that were repaired, and the bridge was reglued, along with a setup. A tiny bit of shrinkage can be seen on the bottom back, where the edges of the sides protrude a tiny bit, but it is stable. Fret edges are a bit sharp, an easy fix with a file. This one is a bit different than most, as it has the birds beak shape at the end of the fretboard, instead of the usual diagonal that most Kamaka sopranos from this era have. Tuners were replaced with standard friction tuners from eBay (much better than I expected), the original washers were reused on the front of the headstock. They look good and work much better. Original tuners with cracked/broken buttons, as well as the extra washers from the new tuners will be included. Action is good, 2.5 mm at 12th fret. It has the distinctive koa tone. Strung with new Martin M600 flourocarbon strings. Ships in its original brown canvas uke bag. Selling because I just don't play it, now being a dyed in the wool mahogany soprano fan. $299.00 shipped to CONUS only.

Front.jpg
K1.jpg
K2.jpg
K3.jpg
Bag.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. This looks like a good buy!
If I hadn't, literally, bought an Outdoor Soprano THIS WEEK I'd be all over it.

What's the fretboard made of?

Really pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom