Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

Its the TUS 35, not the TUS 50 that Barry reviewed but for $22.70 shipped how could I pass it up
    Slated for arrival Thursday, it will Immediately get Martin Fluorocarbons.

The heads up is much appreciated fowl.
    Last edited by Spicysteve; 11-06-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    The Dude Abides.

Pretty much identical though save for the decoration on the top. Both are laminate tops like Fleas
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

I notice the price is up to $30 now, but still a great deal.

Received mine today. Couldnít help myself for under $23 at the time. It is surprisingly loud.

I have to spend more time with it, but it is really hard to classify. While there are several ABS or polycarbonate models on the market, this ukulele is diffent than the rest. It isnít a fluke/flea, which would have a wood neck. It isnít a dolphin/shark, which would also have a wood neck. It isnít a Waterman or Bugsgear/Eddy Finn Beachcomer, as it has a laminate sound board. It isnít an Outdoor Ukulele, as it is ABS and wood. And it certainly isnít an EKoa.

I wouldnít hesitate to recommend this ukulele for anyone. I might not want it as a school instrument (groups) simply because it is so loud.

I donít know what to think of the ABS neck yet. It has a synthetic grain that I donít think I like. Iíd prefer a smooth neck, I guess.

The gig bag is basically worthless. Itís a nice thought, I guess.

I think the most off-putting aspect of the ukulele is the painted finish...It just looks uneven on every Flight TUS35 that I have seen. If they could use a primer and a paint that would look smooth, I think they would have an even more desireable uke on their hands.

And of course, offer a concert scale model, too.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

What strings come on these? Are they any good?

Standard Aquila Nylgut strings. They settled in right away, but I changed them to Martin 600s about five minutes ago.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

My TUS35 delivered today also, took a minimal amount of time for the Aquila’s to settle in but the Martins will go on tomorrow.
    Didn’t get to spend a lot of time with it but at this point I absolutely second all of Choirguys thoughts.
    What a fun little go anywhere Soprano.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Dude Abides.

Steve and Choirguy (and anyone else who changed the strings on their Flight TUS35 to Martin M-600’s ... I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the sound. Compared to the Aquila's, do the Martin strings make the Flight sound different in volume, tone, and sustain? And if so, can you describe the difference. I've been happy with the Aquila's on my own TUS35, but have been wondering if Martin strings would make the uke sound and play even better. So any feedback you have to offer would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Jan
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Snail MUC (solid top mahogany concert)
    Ohana TK-35 CG (all solid mahogany tenor)
    Concert Fluke (green)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    The gig bag is basically worthless. It’s a nice thought, I guess.
    As I understand it - the gig bag you get depends on who supplies the uke. Musicroom, Amazon etc come with a basic bag (black?) but if you order from Flight direct you get a much better quality cream coloured bag that isn't far off the quality of the soft bags that come with Martins

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Scratch that - I believe Flight have now downgraded their bag to a thinner denim coloured type. That's a shame - the bag I received was really quite good!

Thread Information