Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

No - Mahilele don’t own the core design. They just licenced it. Flight have done the same. A few years back a brand called Alic did so too.

It’s incredibly common in Chinese production lines.

Other example are the Clearwater round backs and Ohana round backs - identical ukes with different head stocks, and the Korala Explore which is identical to about three other ukes.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

OK great thanks for clearing that up. I was interested in one of their higher spec models and just wanted to be sure the company was ok. They have certainly done a better job of marketing than Mahilele, who do a wide range of nice stuff but a very poor presence (unless they have enough sales in Italy to keep them happy).

Baz your message box is full

Cleared.. thanks
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by moorhens View Post
    Flight TUS50 looks and sounds great, but it has a compensated saddle. As a lefty, I would need to flip the strings (don't suggest otherwise - this is what works for me). Would that saddle cause any issues?
    Hi Moorhens, I think you'd be okay with the Flight's compensated saddle even if you reverse the order of your strings (as a lefty), because the saddle compensates the "outer" two strings exactly the same as each other (more "forward"), and then it compensates the "inner" two strings exactly the same as each other (more "rearward"). Now, even when you reverse your strings, ultimately your current "outer" two strings will still end up as "outer" strings, and your current "inner" two strings will still end up as "inner" strings. So it doesn't appear that reversing of the order of the strings will result in a different compensation amount for any of the strings. Does that make sense?

In case someone is interested in buying one of these, noticed Amazon has the turquoise blue version of this one now for $23 and change now. Just thought I would give a heads up.

Thanks for that. At $24 (taxes), I couldn’t pass it up.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Chris, you are welcome. I got one that I will save for next year to give to a grand daughter, if I can wait.

Wow...$23.00? They must have a big overstock of this color, since the other available colors are all about $55.00.

I got one. And I already have one. I hope someone asks for a uke for Christmas. They are a great deal at full price.
    Tiny Tenor spruce/mahogany
    Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert
    Flight Travel soprano

Thread Information