Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
TUS50 out of stock post your review.

I have ordered a TUS35 as a prospective walking around. And day to day uke.

A Timms and a Flea were my UAS targets for the year (on top of my second soprano build) , but if the TUS35 is 90% as good as your review TUS50 I'll be delighted.

Thanks for bringing these travel ukes to my attention Baz.

No worries - yes - they got in touch to say they had unprecedented rush today. A store called Musicroom and Amazon still have stocks of these I believe though! Think I’ll buy one for my daughter.

Thanks for kind words.

I believe so. Same template as the Alic / Mahilele models - only soprano. The bonus though is the 35mm nut and 15 frets - so more space than many concerts of this price.

Man, the best thing a ukulele company can do is get one in your hands!

If they have a good product! You'd think so. Surprisingly, some brands actively don't want to appear... Makes you think what they are worried about.

I've featured a few Flight ukes - some better than others - one thing I like about them is that they are not afraid for a real review to tell it like it is - good or bad. That to me shows a brand who gives a damn.

I wish Flight carried this one in the USA. Shipping charges make the instrument not as good of a bargain as it is for those of you in the EU and UK. I suppose that’s fair—you didn’t get the $29 Enya last year.

Also missing in the US is that inexpensive Tiger ukulele case that you reviewed.

Yep - swings and roundabouts. Lot's we dont get in the UK either (or that we do, but are massively inflated in price like the Romero Creations ukes and Martin instruments generally!)

I wish Flight carried this one in the USA. Shipping charges make the instrument not as good of a bargain as it is for those of you in the EU and UK.

You can get the same thing, different label, at Amazon for $60 plus $5 shipping. https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Mahilele

I bought one a couple of years ago and reviewed it http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-3-0-Skulls-soprano-review&highlight=Mahilele

Certain models, including one with a horse painted on the soundboard, have a wooden fretboard, for about $100. It's not mentioned in the description, but I checked with the company to verify this. I've thought about getting that, but the plastic fretboard is great, and the easy care is part of this uke's charm. No humidification issues or fret sprout.

I liked it a lot, but sold it and miss it. I know I'll buy another, it's just a matter of time. Possibly today.

Last edited:
Not quite the same as I think only Flight offer the walnut top. Prefer the Flight headstock shape too!

The Flight TUS50 is available at www.musicroom.com for 39.99 British Pounds. Shipping to the U.S. (by Airmail) is an additional 4.99 BP, roughly 2-3 weeks delivery. About $62 USD total. Pretty decent deal, in my books. I ordered the blue version of the TUS35 a couple of days ago. It will be perfect as my small, no-worries travel uke. And because no self-respecting ukulele player should be without a soprano in their collection. :)

The Flight TUS50 is available at www.musicroom.com for 39.99 British Pounds. Shipping to the U.S. (by Airmail) is an additional 4.99 BP, roughly 2-3 weeks delivery. About $62 USD total. Pretty decent deal, in my books. I ordered the blue version of the TUS35 a couple of days ago. It will be perfect as my small, no-worries travel uke. And because no self-respecting ukulele player should be without a soprano in their collection. :)
Thanks! Very decent deal!

Hi, Baz. Nice to finally meet you on here too, after all my comments under your videos.

I think I've watched like ten times every video you posted. I love them. Hahaha.

I'm glad a lot of people bought this Uke after watching your review. Amazing value!

As always I'm enjoying your reviews. Before bought my current uke, I borrowed from local library a Flight NUS something soprano ukulele, all wooden. About 8 months ago. To see if ukulele has anything for me.

It had a really nice sound. Not sure about the intonation, could have been bad strings from previous handlers. And the fret ends stuck out of fretboard some. So reading your review I notice that this one albeit maybe being cheaper and plastic parts seems have a good quality control or the Flight has improved it in general :)

My TUS35 arrives this afternoon.

First impressions are ... I'm very very impressed. It sounds great, decent sustain and it's surprisingly loud.

I'm off for a group session this evening. I can see me moving on my kala long neck soprano based on a 1 in 1 out per 'type of uke". For 30 odd euro delivered this is might be a phenomonal piece of kit.

Thanks baz.

I think I've watched like ten times every video you posted. I love them. Hahaha.

I'm glad a lot of people bought this Uke after watching your review. Amazing value!

Like you, I keep reading Baz's reviews, and he has cost me a lot of money. I'm glad that a lot of the ukes he reviews are more or less unavailable in the USA. :)

Flight TUS50 looks and sounds great, but it has a compensated saddle. As a lefty, I would need to flip the strings (don't suggest otherwise - this is what works for me). Would that saddle cause any issues?

Top Bottom