Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

Here is a sound sample of my TUS 50 with Freemont blackline strings (first sample of the video)
    Last edited by Merja; 06-23-2018 at 01:33 PM.

It sounds good, Merja.

Oh and what a beautiful cat!
    Sopranissimo: Ohana O’Nino | Sopranino: DJ Morgan Purpleheart Mini Pineapple

Soprano: Bruko No 2, aNueNue aNN-WJC1, Enya EUR-X1, Kala KA-PSS, Kala KA-15S-S

Concert: Martin C1K, Kala KA-C | Tenor: Kanile'a Ku'uipo, Kala KA-SRMT-TRI

Baritone: Kala KA-ABP-CTG

Thanks for the nice review Barry!

Seems like a few folks are following the 'mold' (pun intended) of the Alic and Mahilele, and now the Flight brand.

Currency conversion from the Music Room, puts this one @ $56 USD, DHL 2-4 day shipping from the Music Room to the USA is $16, so it's pretty competitive to the other brands as well as the Waterman in terms of price.
    This ═╣FAQ link╠═ will help you learn about many things.
    You should click it, as the answers are waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Thanks for the nice review Barry!

Seems like a few folks are following the 'mold' (pun intended) of the Alic and Mahilele, and now the Flight brand.

Currency conversion from the Music Room, puts this one @ $56 USD, DHL 2-4 day shipping from the Music Room to the USA is $16, so it's pretty competitive to the other brands as well as the Waterman in terms of price.
    When I got my Flight, the exchange rate must have been a bit better. It came to the west coast in two days! You can get a Mahilele on Amazon for about $65. It will take longer to arrive, but they're identical.
    Tiny Tenor spruce/mahogany
    Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert
    Kiwaya KS-5 soprano
    Flight Travel soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    When I got my Flight, the exchange rate must have been a bit better. It came to the west coast in two days! You can get a Mahilele on Amazon for about $65. It will take longer to arrive, but they're identical.
    I'm not a fan of the pale yellow, nor the cherry red versions on Amazon, and also neither the other wood-looking tops with animal patterns etched into the wood, which are almost double in price of the solid color models.

If you look at the Italian web shop (https://mercatinodellukulele.it), they have a lot more color options for the Mahilele-labeled version, see https://mercatinodellukulele.it/inde...language=en-GB...

They have one with an Acacia top and another one with a flamed Okume top (likely both laminate), for a little bit more money, but with these you get what looks like a removable saddle, so if one needs to swap it out for different compensation adjustment, these would seem to be the way to do for that:

Acacia model, 66 Euros, or $77 USD:
    https://mercatinodellukulele.it/inde...language=en-GB

Flamed Okume model, 66 Euros, or $77 USD:
    https://mercatinodellukulele.it/inde...en#prettyPhoto

Booli, do you know if the Italian web shop ships to the USA? If they do I wonder how much the shipping would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by fowl View Post
    Booli, do you know if the Italian web shop ships to the USA? If they do I wonder how much the shipping would cost.
    Not sure of their shipping options or cost.

You can get their email or phone # from the site:

https://mercatinodellukulele.it/index.php?lang=en and ask them.

IIRC, this company is an offshoot of Aquila, and maybe send a PM to Mimmo (Founder and CEO of Aquila strings) here on UU, he is 'Mimmo' on UU. Maybe he knows or can direct you to the right person.

Were I to hazard a wild guess, DHL shipping may cost about $15-25 USD to ship to the USA. I dont know about other options or pricing.

They are 'almost' identical Booli - not quite - only Flight have the walnut top option with the sound hole engraving and the Flight headstock is a different shape. FWIW, I much prefer the Flight headstock.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Ken Timms, Fluke, Flea, KM Dreadnought, Pono MHD Pro Classic

I wish that Flight...or whatever company makes these...would release a version in Concert size. That’s terribly self serving on my part, but I know what I would buy. I have had one of these in a website shopping cart several times and just can’t pull the trigger as I don’t really need another “weatherproof” soprano, and I’m not interested in the Waterman or Bugsgear concert alternatives. I might just have to go and buy a Fluke.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Thread Information