Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

Default Flight Travel Series TUS50 Soprano - REVIEW

Great little thing for the money.

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2018/04/f...no-review.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

TUS50 out of stock post your review.

I have ordered a TUS35 as a prospective walking around. And day to day uke.

A Timms and a Flea were my UAS targets for the year (on top of my second soprano build) , but if the TUS35 is 90% as good as your review TUS50 I'll be delighted.

Thanks for bringing these travel ukes to my attention Baz.

No worries - yes - they got in touch to say they had unprecedented rush today. A store called Musicroom and Amazon still have stocks of these I believe though! Think I’ll buy one for my daughter.

Thanks for kind words.

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

I wish they made these in a concert size! A trip through their website seemed to only show sopranos in this configuration!
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

I believe so. Same template as the Alic / Mahilele models - only soprano. The bonus though is the 35mm nut and 15 frets - so more space than many concerts of this price.

Man, the best thing a ukulele company can do is get one in your hands!

If they have a good product! You'd think so. Surprisingly, some brands actively don't want to appear... Makes you think what they are worried about.

I've featured a few Flight ukes - some better than others - one thing I like about them is that they are not afraid for a real review to tell it like it is - good or bad. That to me shows a brand who gives a damn.

I wish Flight carried this one in the USA. Shipping charges make the instrument not as good of a bargain as it is for those of you in the EU and UK. I suppose that’s fair—you didn’t get the $29 Enya last year.

Also missing in the US is that inexpensive Tiger ukulele case that you reviewed.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Yep - swings and roundabouts. Lot's we dont get in the UK either (or that we do, but are massively inflated in price like the Romero Creations ukes and Martin instruments generally!)

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    I wish Flight carried this one in the USA. Shipping charges make the instrument not as good of a bargain as it is for those of you in the EU and UK.
    You can get the same thing, different label, at Amazon for $60 plus $5 shipping. https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...words=Mahilele

I bought one a couple of years ago and reviewed it http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...light=Mahilele

Certain models, including one with a horse painted on the soundboard, have a wooden fretboard, for about $100. It's not mentioned in the description, but I checked with the company to verify this. I've thought about getting that, but the plastic fretboard is great, and the easy care is part of this uke's charm. No humidification issues or fret sprout.

I liked it a lot, but sold it and miss it. I know I'll buy another, it's just a matter of time. Possibly today.
    Last edited by Ziret; 04-03-2018 at 05:27 AM.
    Tiny Tenor spruce/mahogany
    Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert
    Flight Travel soprano

Thread Information