Tap dancing and playing the ukulele?

This guy looks pretty happy!

Scooter

I'm officially signed up at the dance studio and registered for the next class that starts on the 16th. It sounds to me like not a lot of men take dance classes. My wife bought a pair of tap shoes there, but they didn't have any men's size 11. I might have to get them to order a pair, or maybe I'll just order them myself on line. The lady actually recommended an on line site for whatever else I might need or want. I told the instructor that I wanted to learn to tap dance and eventually play my ukulele at the same time. She thought that was a great idea. Anyway, I once took a cake decorating class on a dare from some female coworkers and being the only man in the class I got a lot of attention from the teacher. I'm hoping that is the case in the dance class, as I am going to need all the help that I can get. I was also told that they have a recital in June, and it was totally voluntary for adults. That may be taking it too far.

I don't know what you mean by that, but I won't fall into a sink.

LOL ...I had a feeling that may have lost something in transatlanticlation as you guys and gals over the pond call the things that we call taps faucets dontcha ? Hence don't fall off the tap into the sink.Basin ? Bowl ?...it's a standard old joke here ...never mind....:smileybounce:

Last edited:
LOL ...I had a feeling that may have lost something in transatlanticlation as you guys and gals over the pond call the things that we call taps faucets dontcha ? Hence don't fall off the tap into the sink.Basin ? Bowl ?...it's a standard old joke here ...never mind....:smileybounce:
Or it could be that I'm just not quick on picking up on things like that. We drink tap water here, but we get it out of the faucet. You know how your brain sometimes gets stuck in some image and can't see beyond? For some reason I thought that you were picturing me dancing on the counter top and falling off of it into the sink, and I was thinking, "why does he think that I would be tap dancing on the counter top?" My bad.

No probs mate..I won't even go into Morris dancing ...it involves gags about bonnets....hoods....LOL:) Cheers.

I found this one that I started back in April. I'm over six months into my tap dancing. It is actually going fairly well. I've never had a problem with singing and playing at the same time, as so many have said that they do. But I have tried to tap dance and play my ukulele at the same time, and I have a whole new appreciation for those who can. I even built a tap dance floor right next to where I keep my ukuleles. I am so far away from playing and tap dancing that I no longer try to imagine it. I'm just saying that I humbly bow to those who can.

Just don't fall into the sink !! :rolleyes:

CeeJay hahahahahaha! If Ronald Reagan were still here, he'd probably say, "Well... there you go again..." (I have to confess it took me awhile to get that one!)
(Took me even longer to realize you posted that back in April !! "Duh" on me !!)

Last edited:
Six months of tap lessons! That's very cool. Thanks for the update, I think it's still possible in a year or two.

Top Bottom