View Poll Results: How much have you spent on your current stable of ukes?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - $249

2 2.38%
  • $250 - $499

6 7.14%
  • $500 - $749

4 4.76%
  • $750 - $999

9 10.71%
  • $1000 - $1499

9 10.71%
  • $1500 - $1999

6 7.14%
  • $2000+

48 57.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Add them up! How much have you spent on your current ukes?

4 ukuleles - 2 Tenors, 2 Concerts. $ 520 total. Just the beginning.

If I count the KLOS I just ordered, I have 12 ukuleles for a total of just under $5k.

I began playing in March 2007 with a KoAloha soprano from MGM but it is the only one I sold. I bought my first tenor in 2007 and it was my primary player for 10 years. Ironically it doesn't get used much anymore.

In March of 2015 I had 3 ukuleles... 2 tenors and a Fred Shields concert, which I got in 2010. So my UAS, and expenditures, have been a more recent adventure.

John

What about gifted ukuleles, where you know the retail value? I have to gifted ukuleles, of which I know the value of one and havent the foggiest about the other.
    Counting the one I know, I have four ukes that costed approximately $ 200, 300, 500 and ???, making for $ 1000 total.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by greenie44 View Post
    I would call you both serious and fun, Mike.
    Thanks Greenie, but fun comes before serious.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. http://www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Last edited by kohanmike; 04-08-2018 at 07:23 AM.

I have a neighbor with a new bass boat and a 4x4 truck to tow it, probably $80,000 combined. Another guy has put in a pool, hot tub, new deck probably $50,000. Another neighbor is a car guy, loves to build hot rods, has a '64 Corvette, '57 Chevy, '35 Ford pick up......maybe $150,000 or more. Living in Canada they can use these things 6 months out of the year. I play my ukes every day. I own 16 ukes total cost more than $2000, less than $50,000. Makes me the under privileged neighbor
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Agreed. Ukulele is relatively inexpensive past time even if you're buying the high end ones. So I don't think anybody on UU should feel guilty about splurging on a Uke :>

offtopic...But what you highlighted about your neighbors... begs the question how the heck do these people afford all this. Sunday night a dude crashed his blue Lambo (400K) car in Stouffville and killed his partner. This morning, the news reported this fellow filed for bankruptcy a few years ago, and the car lease was under the now deceased name, who didn't even have a job. On top of that he had a ton of driving convictions which would put him under high risk driver and insurance would of been through the roof. Moral of the story don't worry about keeping up with the Joneses because it could all be smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    I have a neighbor with a new bass boat and a 4x4 truck to tow it, probably $80,000 combined. Another guy has put in a pool, hot tub, new deck probably $50,000. Another neighbor is a car guy, loves to build hot rods, has a '64 Corvette, '57 Chevy, '35 Ford pick up......maybe $150,000 or more. Living in Canada they can use these things 6 months out of the year. I play my ukes every day. I own 16 ukes total cost more than $2000, less than $50,000. Makes me the under privileged neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiNee View Post
    Agreed. Ukulele is relatively inexpensive past time even if you're buying the high end ones. So I don't think anybody on UU should feel guilty about splurging on a Uke :>

offtopic...But what you highlighted about your neighbors... begs the question how the heck do these people afford all this. Sunday night a dude crashed his blue Lambo (400K) car in Stouffville and killed his partner. This morning, the news reported this fellow filed for bankruptcy a few years ago, and the car lease was under the now deceased name, who didn't even have a job. On top of that he had a ton of driving convictions which would put him under high risk driver and insurance would of been through the roof. Moral of the story don't worry about keeping up with the Joneses because it could all be smoke and mirrors.
    Yea trying to keep up with others is a total waste of precious time and energy. I was just making the comparison that ukes are cheap compared to other hobbies. There are always those better off then you and those worse off then you. As the old saying goes happiness is wanting what you have. I am very lucky to have been married to the same women for 35 years we live in the same house we bought 32 years ago and have been mortgage free for 20 years so I have some spare cash to indulge in a hobby that has enriched my life.
    Ukuleles.............yes please !!!!

Iíve spent about $5 per hour of playing time since I started in 2012. I hope and expect this figure will keep dropping over time.

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    I’ve spent about $5 per hour of playing time since I started in 2012. I hope and expect this figure will keep dropping over time.
    Love it!
    I reckon about £2.50 an hour so far, in less than a year. My projection by the end of the year, well as I have ordered a handbuilt uke, I reckon it will increase slightly to about £2.75 an hour.
    Small price to pay I reckon..
    Barnes and Mullins "The Gresse" Soprano + Concert + Tenor + Baritone + Martin S1 + Old Clover solid Mahogany Soprano (needing TLC) + Ohana SK21-A Sopranino

The truth is, I don't know.....

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    I’ve spent about $5 per hour of playing time since I started in 2012. I hope and expect this figure will keep dropping over time.
    That's a good one Kevin. I need to bring out my calculator to see your total.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Thread Information