Sopranissimo Fans

Regmon

Reaction score
For those of you who are big fans of Sopranissimo Ukes!! I need some opinions... Do you tune your Sopranissimo to G#, C#, F, A# or
A, D, F#, B? For me, both tuning sound good in their own way but I find that G#, C#, F, A# is too high for group jams. I haven't tried A, D, F#, B in jam circles yet............ Or, is there other tuning you prefer?
Thank you!
Reggie

Attachments

• 0EBE5280-CAC4-459E-A58B-5D0FF3CB1758.jpg
    0EBE5280-CAC4-459E-A58B-5D0FF3CB1758.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 38B2928C-EB6D-4911-BDE5-9DAFF249A051.jpg
    38B2928C-EB6D-4911-BDE5-9DAFF249A051.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
For those of you who are big fans of Sopranissimo Ukes!! I need some opinions... Do you tune your Sopranissimo to G#, C#, F, A# or
A, D, F#, B? For me, both tuning sound good in their own way but I find that G#, C#, F, A# is too high for group jams. I haven't tried A, D, F#, B in jam circles yet............ Or, is there other tuning you prefer?
Thank you!
Reggie
My Ohana SK-21 sopranino is in D tuning (A D F# B).
I have a soprano tuned in C. On some songs I use a capo on the first fret (which would be G# C# F A#).
But never played in these tunings in group jams.

Nice photos, where do you live?

My Ohana SK-21 sopranino is in D tuning (A D F# B).

I recently bought the ohana sopranino, and thought I would ask the makers about tuning..
Following is the reply
"You can tune it up two semi tones,
but I would keep an eye on the bridge and would be SURE to de-tune after sessions/before storing.

Cedar is naturally a softer wood, and is more prone to popping a bridge than spruce.

Best,
Steph
Stephanie Snell
Ohana Music, INC
562-997-9080"

My sopranino (11 1/2" scale length) is tuned CFAD. I don't detune it when stored.IMG_20180530_125136.jpg

Yes likewise my sopranino is tuned CFAD, albeit with Harley Benton soprano strings which are very lightweight. I would want tune a sopranissimo even higher than that. How much higher depends on how short the scale is.

Top Bottom