The Rainbow Connection - Instrumental

good_uke_boy

Reaction score
From The Muppet Movie, played on a Boat Paddle (now Hoffmann Lutherie) baritone ukulele.

My wife used to sing this to our kids as a lullaby. If you look behind me you'll see this song also puts dogs to sleep.

P.S.: Hope the glare from the top of my head is not too blinding!

Very nice GUB, always liked this piece of music.:)

PS: Good morning Brenda.:D

Nicely played Good Uke Boy .. I like this song, the Muppets were a big thing in life as a child, for many of us I suppose, this song is a beautiful song.

Wow - thanks everyone for the comments! Much appreciated. In contrast, my dog just yawns and rolls her eyes at me when I start playing!

I really enjoyed that. Cool baritone also!
Mike

Thanks. I was lucky to spot the baritone when it came up for sale in late 2014 on the Boat Paddle (now Hoffmann Lutherie) web site. It's a 20.25" scale, Adirondack Spruce top, Walnut back and sides. It's also the same instrument often played by David Henry Spangler of The Flea Bitten Dawgs. Those Dawgs are just great; for example: https://youtu.be/RXTM0DbJ9tE

My wife used to sing this to our kids as a lullaby.

So, she sang alongside me at a local Open Mic. Video recording wasn't the best, but here is. Thanks, UU.

PS: This is my happy place.

Last edited:
I can't belive I missed this post. A....I love this song, B....I love baritones, C.....I love Hoffman/Boatpaddle ukuleles.

Kevin you really did a great job on this, sounded fabulous, so much so that I really want to learn this song. Thanks for including the video of you and your wife performing at an open mic. Tell her again that I enjoy her singing voice very much

I can't belive I missed this post. A....I love this song, B....I love baritones, C.....I love Hoffman/Boatpaddle ukuleles.

Kevin you really did a great job on this, sounded fabulous, so much so that I really want to learn this song. Thanks for including the video of you and your wife performing at an open mic. Tell her again that I enjoy her singing voice very much

Wow — thanks, Dave! I’ll tell her.

Top Bottom