Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 321 - The Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post
    Very cool theme, Linda! I suppose I will contribute a song ( I recently discovered a fine alternative Country band) for your season and another for Lynda's ( I already picked a song). btw I'm logged in with my new account..I simply forgot my password
    Heino
    heino! you've guessed my theme?????????!!!!!!!!!!!! (well, to be honest, even i must concede it's not gonna be even vaguely unexpected! )

good-uke-boy! that is one of my fave ever songs! gorgeous cover! and very lovely uke! WELCOME TO THE SEASONS!

i had a look through my cd collection, for bands and artists i have inexplicably failed to bring on uke before, and found "white ladder" by david gray - so here is one of the very many lovely songs off that album

"please forgive me"

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Season 321. Submission 2. "Starlight On The Rails" (Written and recorded by Utah Phillips, 1973)

I've always loved this one, but stayed away because of the gender thing with pronouns. I just changed those up a bit here and gave it a go.
    Bout time. This one's on a reso.

mirrors in the sun! i LOVE that song SO MUCH! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally takes me back!
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    mirrors in the sun! i LOVE that song SO MUCH! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally takes me back!

Have to say that "Mirrors in The Sun" is one of the few songs I learned for the Seasons that I return to over and over again to play and sing when I'm noodling. Just smitten to my mittens by it. Have always meant to have a better listen at Sally's other songs, but haven't gotten to that yet.

Ahoy
    This has been a brilliant season and I have made a bunch of discoveries.
    Although I am a new member and have much more to choose from than many others I have decided to try and play songs that are 'obscure' for me (as an Icelander that was born in the early 1980's).
    This is a song by Lefty Frizzell - a song that I had never heard until I got Johnny Cash's Personal File album a few years ago - I play the song with a much faster tempo.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    Okay. Here goes. I've posted videos of a few instrumentals on UU. Here's my first with singing. Hope I'm doing it right. Thanks.

WOW Kevin ! Nice vocal. Your wife has competition.
    Glen Campbell is back.
    This song took me back to memory lane. Bravo.
    Like the instrumental you added.
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    WOW Kevin ! Nice vocal. Your wife has competition.
    Glen Campbell is back.
    This song took me back to memory lane. Bravo.
    Like the instrumental you added.

Brenda, thanks for helping us welcome Kevin to the Seasons. Have you ever participated? If not, have you ever thought about it? No pressure - just wondering! You're more than welcome to join us here if you like!

What a wonderful week. I discovered Greg Brown because of the seasons. As part of my homework fo this week i did a YouTube search for current protest songs and a beauty by Greg Brown came up. When I watched that video a video he sang on with Ana´s Mitchell came up in that side bar part. Had not heard of Ana´s Mitchell nor have I ever covered a song by her. Boy! Do I love this song. Saddly there is so much truth in it that those who support the wall could also like this song....

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Brenda, thanks for helping us welcome Kevin to the Seasons. Have you ever participated? If not, have you ever thought about it? No pressure - just wondering! You're more than welcome to join us here if you like!
    Thank you for the invitation. I let my uke do all the singing for me. It’s less painful for my family. .
    I wish I am gifted with a singing voice like many of you here ! Green with envy !
    Brenda

Please participate in our Mike Lynch tribute thread :
    http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...Tribute-Videos

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Thank you for the invitation. I let my uke do all the singing for me. It’s less painful for my family. .
    I wish I am gifted with a singing voice like many of you here ! Green with envy !
    You could always contribute an instrumental

Thread Information