Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 321 - The Discovery Channel

I don't think I've ever covered Junior Brown.

Randy - Harry122

Just a message for Mountain goat. Jon, you'll need to clear space in your inbox.
    Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

I missed the "Queen" week way back in the early days

Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

A wee mess around with 'People Get Ready' with a bit of percussion thrown in , I don't do perfection I do discovering and learning ................

Last edited by mythinformed; 04-12-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    Keeping It Raw, Keeping It Real

For my 5th and final song of this great week I wanted to bring something different. I've been turned onto a lot of stuff I've never heard before since I became a part of the Seasons, and Lynda doing all the T. Rex/Marc Bolan material is a perfect example of it. I had never heard of Marc Bolan before, but I sure have now. Linda did thing song last week for the "Ain't" Season, and I loved in instantly, so I thought hey, why not try it this week, obviously I'd never done a T. Rex tune before. I was gonna do it like she did, but then I thought, I'm gonna go wild and do it my own way, and this is how it came out. I had fun trying it.

A great song from Joni Mitchell

This week's theme's timing is both good and bad for me. See, I'm out on the road again! I've got a three week holiday for Myanmar Buddhist New Year, and I've got an ambitious motorcycle journey planned. Of course, I've strapped the ukulele to the back the motorbike, not only to entertain myself and others with, but also to participate in the Seasons!

thingyan2018.jpg

The bad timing is that out here in the remote foothills of the Himalayas on the border with India, the internet ain't so good, and I can't research a new song by someone I've never covered before. So, I gotta resort to the original lifeline... Just improvised something about my first 4 days on this journey.

Last edited by Joko; 04-12-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Another phenomenal evening of listening for me. Thank you so so much for the great songs you've brought and the way you've made them seem as if they'd been written for you and your ukes. Beautiful stuff.

A listen for tonight. If anyone here hasn't heard Ted Hawkins, well, he's really something special. Here's my favorite by him. I don't think I've ever heard anyone bring him to the Seasons.

I don't believe this. Last night I was listening to Mary Gauthier, after Dickadcock's version of Mercy Now impressed me so much, and I saw that she had recorded a Ted Hawkins song for a tribute album to him. I had forgotten all about Ted. I saw him in the 80s when he toured over here a few times, and had a couple of his albums. He had a voice to die for, but never managed to get the big break he needed. Anyway, when I looked to see what there was on YouTube, this was the first song I found.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    I don't believe this. Last night I was listening to Mary Gauthier, after Dickadcock's version of Mercy Now impressed me so much, and I saw that she had recorded a Ted Hawkins song for a tribute album to him. I had forgotten all about Ted. I saw him in the 80s when he toured over here a few times, and had a couple of his albums. He had a voice to die for, but never managed to get the big break he needed. Anyway, when I looked to see what there was on YouTube, this was the first song I found.
    Here's the chords for that artist and song if you wanna give it a go Steve ....................https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...kulele_2263321
    Keeping It Raw, Keeping It Real

More Joni Mitchell - "Big Yellow Taxi" (1970), sort of instrumental

Thread Information