Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 321 - The Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    I don't believe this. Last night I was listening to Mary Gauthier, after Dickadcock's version of Mercy Now impressed me so much, and I saw that she had recorded a Ted Hawkins song for a tribute album to him. I had forgotten all about Ted. I saw him in the 80s when he toured over here a few times, and had a couple of his albums. He had a voice to die for, but never managed to get the big break he needed. Anyway, when I looked to see what there was on YouTube, this was the first song I found.

I discovered Ted back in the late 90s and just adored him. Glad that this Season gave him back to you, Steve!

Muse is another glaring omission in my Seasons back-catalogue. Was tempted by one of the big riff monsters like Plug In Baby or Hysteria but I decided to do a slower one I've always loved. Got a great syncopated rhythm I wanted to try and get down but in the end just sort of went with the flow.

Really love the progression in the chorus of this song. The C (in the key I'm playing in at least) gives a bit of optimism before the F seems to bring it back to the bittersweet tone of the song.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

It's been a while that I had contributed a song for the seasons. I added two guitar tracks..best enjoyed with headphones

It's fairly easy to sing along in the chorus section even if you don't speak German

And now, as I get ready to call it a night and bring my Thursday of this fantastic week to a close, I once again thank you for your wonderful contributions to our collective musical journey. Today was another fine day of discovering new artists and reconnecting with those I hadn't heard in awhile. Thank you.

And now, I'd like to offer one more listen. Awhile back, York Steve and i were conversing on a thread about the song "You Belong To Me." He suggested that I give Kate Rusby's interpretation a listen. I just adored it. Here's something really special, thanks to Steve:

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    This is my version of the same song name “Always With Me”! Hope it meet the requirements here?

that was so lovely! really wonderful playing! (and a gorgeous uke!)

(for future reference, though, we are meant to bring newly made videos - vidoes recorded in the week of the season)

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering Bassist View Post
    I had never heard of Marc Bolan before, but I sure have now.
    lol!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering Bassist View Post
    Linda did thing song last week for the "Ain't" Season, and I loved in instantly, so I thought hey, why not try it this week, obviously I'd never done a T. Rex tune before. I was gonna do it like she did, but then I thought, I'm gonna go wild and do it my own way, and this is how it came out. I had fun trying it.
    that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! i love love LOVED it!
    lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

I've never done anything by these guys before. I guess they were a one-hit wonder, and this was it. Just basic southern blues rock. I overdubbed my best attempt at some single-string blues shredding.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

A really significant band for me 20 years ago, since fallen by the wayside. Anyway, here’s Campfire Kansas by the Get Up Kids

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Here's one from a TV show that I haven't covered for the Seasons before. Solorule inspired me to do it after talking about doing instrumentals.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post

that was so lovely! really wonderful playing! (and a gorgeous uke!)

(for future reference, though, we are meant to bring newly made videos - vidoes recorded in the week of the season)

lol!!!!!!!

that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! i love love LOVED it!
    Jeez, I could at least spell your name right huh? Sorry Lynda!

A paoriginal penned for your week Linda. On the subject of discovery - which sometimes you wish you hadn't.

Music and family keep me going.....
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 04-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Thread Information