Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 321 - The Discovery Channel

i'm usually all over the 70's and 80's, and am no stranger to bringing 1960's songs either, so i reckon a good place for me to look for songs and artists i haven't done covers of before, is what i like to imagine as the modern era, 90's stuff, and even music from this current sci-fi sounding century

so, here's mika from 2007, "happy ending"

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

I've been participating for a little more than half a year only, so it's not that hard finding a song of an artist, I havn't covered yet.
    I've neither sung a song written by Jerry Chesnut, nor one sung by George Jones or Elvis Costello.
    So "Good Year for the Roses" should be OK.

Just think. A newbie has the entire history of music at their disposal.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Just think. A newbie has the entire history of music at their disposal.
    ...and I got Gary Glitter and Grand Funk Railroad.
    Randy - Harry122

I ain't even got Britney Spears!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

I guess for me this season's subtitle could be "songs that I like but have never covered because I don't want anyone's first exposure to the song to be my lousy cover of it." Anyway, Fiona Flanagan usually just goes by her first name, and this was from her debut solo album in 1985. This is my favorite song from that album, but it did not chart. Her only charting single was titled "Talk To Me," which unfortunately shared the same title with a much more popular song by Stevie Nicks at the same time. She also did backing vocals for some hard rock bands (such as Warrant) and she acted in some movie with Bob Dylan that I have never seen. I think she's still active with performing, but hasn't made any albums since 2011, and made only 5 albums in all. She has a very powerful voice.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

My first ever cover of a band called Ok Go.

For Season of the Ukulele 321, here's one by Captain Beefheart, an artist I've never done before, but whose music I adore. This is "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles" for tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ubass, and a metal click sound (two oversized paperclips clapping together) in the chorus.

In all these years (including more than 300 entries), I've never covered Los Lobos. Until now. Rani helped. This is an early one of theirs. My el cheapo Makala sounds pretty good (IISSM)!

Martin C1K KoAlana mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Flea koa soprano Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert Kala KA-EBY-S soprano Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

looking at other UK hits from 2007, i saw "truly madly deeply" by cascada. i don't think even i can do the song that fast and i know for a fact i couldn't get away with any of the outfits from the video so here is a take, somewhere between that super fast dance speed, and the original tempo from the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow and verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy melloooooooooooooooooooooooow 1997 original by savage garden

lynda

get it on, bang a gong, get it on

Thread Information