FS: Collings UT2 Tenor-Spruce/Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasapple

Reaction score
FS: SOLD-Collings UT2 Tenor-Spruce/Mahogany

Hi everyone: I purchased this lovely Collings UT2 tenor used approximately one year ago. Spruce top and mahogany back/sides and the spruce top really makes this uke sing!

It is in spectacular condition--I see not a single ding anywhere.

I need to thin my collection and it's time to find this beauty a loving new home.

some specs:

top: Spruce
Back/Sides: Mahogany
fretboard/bridge: rosewood

bone nut/saddle

nut width: 1 3/8"
neck width @ 12th fret: 1.75"

string spacing @ saddle: 1.75"

17" tenor scale length
Neck joins body at 13th fret

neck carve: C shape

body/neck finish: high gloss

case: a quite lovely and original Collings hard shell uke case
that fits this instrument like snug fitting Spandex!!!

Collings' quality needs no description, and they no longer make ukes. That's a crying shame because these are exquisite instruments in both sound quality and build quality.

$SOLD$

That price does not including USPS Priority/Express Mail shipping from Hawaii where I live.
Based on prior experience, that cost ranges from $75 low end to $150 high end depending on the weight of the box and the insured value of the uke.

Will ship only to USA destination.

IMG_20180408_140020.jpg

IMG_20180408_120423.jpg

IMG_20180408_120235.jpg
IMG_20180408_120411.jpg
IMG_20180408_120443.jpg

I have purchased a bunch here at the UU Marketplace, but I think this is my first time selling here...I have done tons of selling on eBay (clpva) and Reverb, so lots of experience here with selling instruments.

Before anyone asks, I do not have any sound clip examples.

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.

cheers,
-Charles

Last edited:
These are not very common. I already have two Collings which I adore or I would likely jump on this. Good luck with sale!

Eddie sent me a PM question which was a good one, so I will answer it here as well.

He asked if anyone smokes in my home, and the answer is no. This uke has not been exposed to smoke, and in fact
it has not left my house in the year that I have owned it.

Cheers,
-Charles

In addition to the Collings being rare, this particular combo of Mahogany and Spruce is quite rare. What a beauty, and reasonably priced as well!

I've done a transaction here with Charles! He's a straight up guy, and easy to work with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom