Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double NUD - Kala cedar top concert and Ohana Taropatch...

Default Double NUD - Kala cedar top concert and Ohana Taropatch...

First time I ever ordered 2 ukes at once! I was shopping for an instrument for low G and always wanted the Ohana CK-35-8 Taropatch and Mim made me a package deal! So...

I got the Kala KA-CTG-ACP for my low G instrument, still waiting for an order of Living Water low G strings to install, so haven't played it much, but it's a gorgeous little uke. Solid cedar top with acacia back and sides and gorgeous slotted headstock.
    IMG_20180407_162612355~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162653168~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162751881~2.jpg
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G
    UBass: Kala Exotic Mahogany - Road Toad Pahoehoe

I'd also been wanting the Ohana CK-35-8 concert 8-string Taropatch ever since Mim previewed it at NAMM a couple years ago. They finally came out about a year ago and I was working on ordering one, but when the one I wanted sold, I thought it was a sign and got a Ubass instead, great decision, love playing Ubass with a couple uke groups!

Anyway, here's the Taropatch, all solid mahogany, it sounds awesome! I think I'm really going to enjoy this...
    IMG_20180407_162717613~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162735284~2.jpg IMG_20180407_162742534~2.jpg
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins | Fender Piha'eu - Worth Browns | Lanikai banjolele - Worth Browns
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Ohana CK-35-8 - Living Water | Kala KA-ACP-CT - Living Water, low G

Congrats, UkerDanno. That Taropatch looks interesting. I would love to hear a sound sample. I have the Baritone version of your Kala Cedar top. It has become my favorite ukulele. I have Living Water strings on it and it sounds great.

I was sitting near a Kala Cedar acacia tenor yesterday and was struck by the clarity of tone. He just strung it with Aquila Sugar Strings. Of course I had to put my paws on it. I found the sugar strings to be very hard and uncomfortable under my fingers. But the tone coming out of that ukulele was terrific. And the clarity of notes was equally brilliant all up the fretboard. Congrats on picking a winner!
    KoAlana Sapele Concert -- now known as the KoAloha Opio
    Mainland Mahogany Concert - my knockabout jam ukulele
    Mahalo Pineapple Soprano -- the one that started it all
    Kala Travel Soprano -- tiny profile with BIG sound
    Blue Frog Maple Soprano - Beautiful sonorous sound cannon

Well done Danno, congratulations!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Great news! You are going to love them both.
    Kathryn

Did you get that blem model taropatch? I had been eyeing it for a while...and then it was gone!
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Did you get that blem model taropatch? I had been eyeing it for a while...and then it was gone!
    I did! Can't remember where the blem was and can't find anything...
    Just Play

Congratulations Danno. I am looking at Taropatch also. What is the Nut width?
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Bruce Wei Hummingbird, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Lapyang View Post
    Congratulations Danno. I am looking at Taropatch also. What is the Nut width?
    Haha...I've been wanting to measure...it's 1 1/2".
    Just Play

Thread Information