Last chance for KLOS Uke at Initial Discount!

Thanks 70sSanO. I totally see an arid or cold climate market. I am just curious who is buying and for what use. Most outdoor ukes do lack a quality sound, and that would justify a higher price.

I was comparing the price of the electric vs deluxe, a $150 difference. The extras plus the Kula preamp seemed like a decent deal to me.

I spend a lot of time in the summer camping at a private resort in the dry CA climate. I play a lot of uke there with friends. I had a heck of a time keeping my KoAloha Opio humidified. I was considering getting a nice K brand tenor with a pickup but realized the KLOS would be a better fit for how I plan to use it. Their guitars are highly regarded so I have high hopes for their uke. We shall see.

Steve

I must be missing something on the math because the Deluxe is $649 and the standard is either $419 or $439 - and difference of either $230 or $210. Still likely agree that the tuners aren't worth it but means that one isn't missing the pickup for just $25 difference. It's the $230 difference that I couldn't justify in the beginning. I'll definitely add the strap pins, don't really have a choice because due to severe health issues, I rely on a strap not to drop my uke (even though this particular uke could survive that, I don't want risk it!) and the stiffening rod(s) I would think would help long term durability. For $30 the TUSQ seems like a good option and one that would be much more difficult to do later on whereas, my understanding is that tuners can much more easily be changed later, if desired. So, looks like I'll be springing for around $80 in upgrades, if the stiffening rods come in the same price as on the guitars (which could be less, given that ukes are smaller - though I'm not sure they'll go that way). Plus, even though the tuners sound like very cool technology, I'm not sure that will affect the actual "tone" of the uke like the TUSC nut/saddle would. Is that correct? Still learning...

The Indiegogo site says only 4 hours left. So, Midnight tonight the campaign ends Thurs April 12 at midnight (Pacific Time). Does that mean it really ends and the discounts will be gone? I guess regular prices begin on their website? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/klos-carbon-fiber-ukulele-world-s-best-ukulele/x/17168876#/

On the other hand.....I got a newsletter from KLOS today that said:

"We are pumping out products at a breakneck pace here at KLOS Guitars. The ukulele has successfully launched with over 200 ukes sold in the last month, with the initial campaign ending today. The ukulele pre order page will remain open for another two months as we accept more pre-orders, though some pricing and deadlines will increase."

So make of that what you will.

Curious if you buyers intend to use them outdoors/backpacking? Curious about the appeal for high end synthetic ukes. The bridge and fretboard are still wood, so why go carbon fiber?

I have an Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Soprano that is my "take everywhere" but I wanted a tenor uke, too. We live in an area that's difficult on wooden instruments and I don't want to be worrying about constantly using a humidifier and dealing with buzzing, etc due to dryness, let alone potential damage. Even in our local music stores, there are instruments that are messed up due to low humidity. I also am a "tech geek" and enjoy nerdy, modern materials like carbon fiber and their durability. I've also been happy with the sound and resonance I've heard of the KLOS on their videos. And, although it won't go as much as my OU, I don't ever have to be worried about bringing it with me anywhere and I love that. These, for me, are my two "dream ukes". I want my ukes to be for playing, anytime anywhere, rather than being worried about damaging a "case queen". And I purposely want to keep my uke collection small. Maybe one day I'll add a one more in wood. One of our local stores is quite unique and sometimes gets in one-of-a-kind, handmade ukes. Maybe something like that one day - but for now, I'll have everything I want with these two. But that's just me. ;)

I just know that video is going to infest my nightmares! LOL.
I wondered when there would be a company to compete with the Blackbirds. Can't wait to see what you all think!
Ima going to hang out and wait for a concert size...

Curious if you buyers intend to use them outdoors/backpacking? Curious about the appeal for high end synthetic ukes. The bridge and fretboard are still wood, so why go carbon fiber?

i have a carbon fiber cello and absolutely love the big, clean sound. i prefer it to wooden cellos.

so i am hoping there is an analogy with carbon fiber ukuleles. they sound good in the videos. i just ordered one :music:

How do you like it? Do you have any opinion as to the OU Carbon Uke vs. their standard uke?

Are you asking how does the standard KLOS uke compare with the Outdoor Uke? If so, then we can't say, since the KLOS hasn't been released yet. And remember, the Outdoor Uke Carbon isn't really a "carbon fiber" uke - it's a high quality (not a "toy") "plastic" polycarbonate uke with carbon fibers in place of the standard glass fibers as reinforcement, made using injection molding. Hardly the same as the thermoset process used to make carbon fiber instruments like the Blackbird, or now the KLOS. I've got a KLOS on order, and I'll be super interested in seeing how it compares with my Blackbird Farallon, at 1/3 the cost.

I was just thinking about the initial pricing element..I’ll wait in the wings until someone buys one and decides to sell. I do wish they were offering a concert. Outdoor Ukulele...same thing. Looking forward to a Concert.

Beginning to get real excited about receiving my KLOS! Got the email to choose options for my uke. Since I am getting the Deluxe Electric the only options I got were the Carbon Fibre stiffening rods and Low G setup. Was tempted to get engraving. But, decided not to.

Once I get it, I'll play it for a bit and take it to U-Space Ukulele and see what strings might suit my style.

Beginning to get real excited about receiving my KLOS! Got the email to choose options for my uke. Since I am getting the Deluxe Electric the only options I got were the Carbon Fibre stiffening rods and Low G setup.

I went with Low G, strap pins, stiffening rods, and Tusq saddle/nut. The only one I really needed was the strap pins, but I couldn't resist the others.

Top Bottom