Any info appreciated...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve been fortunate enough to have just been given (free of charge) two guitars to add to my groaning (er...that SHOULD’VE read ‘growing’ but with the way I play perhaps I’ll leave as is! lol) collection.

The first is an Ibanez GSR200 BASS which is immaculate. I don’t play bass at all, but perhaps now is a good time to begin learning.

The second is an older and well used acoustic 6 string which has been a working guitar and, like me, is now looking well worn, battered, and knocked about...but she sounds pretty good with a nice crisp sound.
She’s a Tatra Dreadnought Jumbo 9240 - a make and model I’ve never heard of. There’s not much on the interweb about these guitars either. I seem to have found they were made in the Czechoslovak Republic in the early 1960’s but that’s about it.

Can anyone afford me more information about them please?

Regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

I play a Terada classical guitar and Peavey Dyna-bass.

The Ibanez GSR200 is an inexpensive bass that is well made, sounds good & easy to play. If something happened to my Peavey, I would seriously consider this as a replacement. You should try it; easier on the fingers than guitar.

Doesn’t Tatra build trucks & cars?? Never knew they made guitars!

Aloha,
Keith

Hi Keith,
I thought they only built cars & trucks too, but from the little I can discover I don't even know if it's the same company. The following link is about all I can find on the interweb about the guitar. ( https://www.guitar-list.com/tatra/tatra-dreadnought-9240/unknown )

Your guitars are lovely bits of kit and I'm envious. lol I'll certainly start playing the bass now I have it and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Regards, Dave

There was one of these Ibanez Bass at the music course I attended a few years ago, I didn't have much to do with Bass but at the early part of the course we did switch instruments in the group , so I did get to play it a little bit, there were two electric Basses and while some preferred the other one personally I preferred the Ibanez, thought it had a good feel, and even though I really don't know what I'm doing with it I did enjoy it at the time. You got a good score on that one, I'd be pretty stoked if someone gave me one of those, certainly could be handy for your multi-tracking.
I guess now you just be needing a Bass Amp.

Never heard of the Guitar before though.

Congratulations on both, sounds like a good day for you Dave :)

Last edited:
Indeed young Dean. I find it hard to turn down any old instruments people are outing, but I must admit the bass is pretty cool - especially for nothing! Now, if someone wants to donate me a bass AMP as you say, or I MIGHT, God forbid, have to spend some money!! lol
Take care my friend.

Hi Dave,
What kind of amp do you use with your electric guitars? Depending on what you have & don’t play too loud, could use your amp. (& save ££!)

Rhythm & timing is more important when playing bass as compared to guitar. Also, find playing bass by myself to be a bore; much rather play guitar.

Wish someone gave me an immaculate Ibanez bass. 😊

Regards,
Keith

Hi Keith. ;)
I have three amps: A Marshal AS100D acoustic combo, a Blackstar ID Core 100, and a small Fender Mustang One.
But just to rub insult to injury, the person who gave me the guitars has also now promised me their bass amp. Don't know what it is yet as she needs to get it down from her attic, but certainly very exciting here at the moment...lol
Regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

Looks like two of your existing amps could handle your new bass.

You must have done something really good to be the recipient of all this musical good karma! 😊

Have fun with all your new toys!
Keith

Top Bottom