Why Do We Build The Wall

Great song and I like your version. What chords are you playing there? Gm, something, Em, Gm.

Last edited:
D'Oh! F and C! I couldn't figure it out. :rolleyes: Thanks for introducing me to this song!
Yes, it's very powerful song. Here is Anais Mitchell's version in which she talks about Hadestown. Hades is talking to his minions in the musical she says. I'll have to check out the soundtrack.

Last edited:
This thread was rated as average.
Now I see it has been demoted to bad.
No doubt one of the fine folk here on UU will be able to push it down to terrible.

Last edited:
I like it. Where do I vote?

I didn’t know this could be voted on? I give it a big thumbs up!

My guess for the falling rating (which I didn't even know we could do until just now) is that it has more to do with politics than performance.

My guess for the falling rating (which I didn't even know we could do until just now) is that it has more to do with politics than performance.

This song was written 10 years ago as part of a sort of musical called Hadestown. It's relevance or lack of relevance today is purely coincidental.
Walls are a part of history - castles - cities - countries ......

Rating has gone down and up. It is like the thumb in YouTube I guess. What it is doing here I'm not sure. If I did it I'd own it - but that's just me.

This song was written 10 years ago as part of a sort of musical called Hadestown. It's relevance or lack of relevance today is purely coincidental.
Walls are a part of history - castles - cities - countries ......

Rating has gone down and up. It is like the thumb in YouTube I guess. What it is doing here I'm not sure. If I did it I'd own it - but that's just me.

Ah..... I knew nothing of its origin or background. As soon as I heard it I thought it was about the proposed wall at the U.S. / Mexico border. It's been a pretty controversial topic here.

Pardon my ignorance(!), but where, exactly, is the link to offer a rating?

Top Bottom