[B]Season #323 ~ Outlaw Country Music[/B]

I wanted to get one more DAC tune in this week. This song was recorded in the late 70's, but wasn't released till a few years ago. I like the twist on the story at the end in this one.

It has been a busy week, but I will try to slip this one in under the wire....

Well it's Sunday morning here in Texas, and at last count I have uploaded 113 wonderful videos. Some really great late entries flowing in, and I will keep an eye out today and add any videos that you guys/gals find the time to bring. Ryan is hosting season #324 - 'Crawl Out Through the Fallout', and it looks like a very cool theme, with one of the most varied and interesting song lists I have ever seen put together. Should be lots of fun! I'll do my best to wrap Season #323 up on Monday evening. A huge thanks to all of you who made time to post a video(s) this week. I started the week off a bit worried about being a host for the first time, but you've all made me very comfortable with the process and I couldn't be happier with the videos that you've brought this week ~

Howdy, Matt "Late Entry" Chittum here. Cursed by a city council election I'm covering and sewer back up in my basement (yes, it can seem hard to tell the two apart), I've had a busy week, but anyway, here's a quick one: "She Took A Lot of Pills and Died" by the alt-country genius Robby Fulks. If you don't know his work, please check him out.

Not a perfect take -- some fat fingers in there -- but as close as I could get in a quick turnaround.

So now, without further ado, the darkly humorous tale of a forgotten starlet:

I know I've already done more than my fair share for the week, but this is a cover I've always loved. I think Townes Van Zandt did it way better than the original. I sing this one sometimes for my own entertainment, and I didn't practice it again before I recorded. I just kind of went with it to see what happened.

Top Bottom