1st string too close to the edge of the fret board...

If it sounds ok, has good intonation then there is an easy fix for both issues.
Lower the action by gently filing the nut slots, it does not take much.
Fill the 1st string slot with baking soda and superglue, how to videos on YouTube, and then file the slot further away from the edge. Jobs like these are a great way to learn something about your instruments.

Yes, lots of info. First, look at some videos and then check your uke. After doing that, you can decide if you want to do the work yourself or bring it to a shop.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adj...7j0j69i65j0.6567j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Spacing of the strings, and spacing of the string relative to the edge of the fretboard differs from uke to uke, maker to maker.

From seeing the photo, I'm not sure whether you actually have a problem with the playability.
Does the 1st string actually SLIP off the edge under normal playing?
Or are you bothered by just a visual thing?
This is true. When I was thinking about buying a new uke I was looking at several with a 1.5" fretboard. I found a number of the 1.5" fretboard had the same string spacing as the standard size fretboards. They actually had more space between the outside strings and the edge of the fretboard than the one I already had and in my search I got to the point where that was visually noticeable to me. So maybe there isn't anything wrong with that ukulele, maybe that is just the way they space them. My question would be, is the spacing between the strings consistent? I can't tell from the picture. Because if they are, it would indicate to me that is the way they built it.

Sorry if someone already made this observation, but it looks like the strings are okay coming off the nut, but "veer right" just a little as they make their way toward the soundhole. Is it possible that the bridge itself was installed just a little "off"?

Top Bottom