I made a free Tin Pan Alley book

Thanks for your comment Lacole! I was trying to capture the old times when print music as opposed to records or CDs was how people got music in their homes.

And thank you for the constructive feedback Bunnyf. I might be wrong trying to jam an oldy-sounding jazzed up version of Country Roads or another into this kind of book. But somehow I went with it... If I ever do get around to another addition, I might consider keeping the song list more period authentic.

Hope you both enjoy the book just the same.

Fabulous Book Timothy! I used to own a printing company years ago, and I would love to see it in PRINT, so I think I will print it out..digitally. It deserves to be held and admired. The arrangements are interesting and the graphics are wonderful, sentimental, and enlightening.

Fabulous Book Timothy! I used to own a printing company years ago, and I would love to see it in PRINT, so I think I will print it out..digitally. It deserves to be held and admired. The arrangements are interesting and the graphics are wonderful, sentimental, and enlightening.

Thanks so much for the compliments Sharpshin! It was something of a labor of love. There is only 1 printed copy which I made through Lulu with super thick paper in a coil binder. I'm afraid I can't give you a link to this Lulu book as it is private and I would likely get pursued for copyright infringement. But the PDF is exactly the same book.

I have a suggestion which unfortunately would add work to your already-enormous labor of love, but if you do it, would make it more useful. A linked table of contents would not only speed retrieving songs and essays, it would do something magical in ForScore, which can import bookmarks and instantly label the song titles, making a solid mass of book into individual songs that are easy to find. I discovered this with my two Beloff books and it is incredible. But if you don't want to go to the bother, I understand.

I have a suggestion which unfortunately would add work to your already-enormous labor of love, but if you do it, would make it more useful. A linked table of contents would not only speed retrieving songs and essays, it would do something magical in ForScore, which can import bookmarks and instantly label the song titles, making a solid mass of book into individual songs that are easy to find. I discovered this with my two Beloff books and it is incredible. But if you don't want to go to the bother, I understand.

That’s a great idea Ziret! I had not considered people who play songs off of a computer or large tablet device - or find songs they want to try this way to print them out. I can’t promise I’ll get back to another revision soon, but I’ll keep your suggestion in mind.

Top Bottom