Ohana logo

anboro

Reaction score
Hi! Does anybody know why Ohana has two different logos (one inside of the hole, the other one on the headstock)? I'm a graphic designer, so I pay attention to logo design. I personally prefer the one on the label, looks more attractive to me.

Attachments

• ohana.jpg
    ohana.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
They bought a railroad car full of those labels and need to use them up?

I like them both but if I had to commit to one or the other, I'd pick the sound hole label's logo. I think it's more impactful with the bold lettering and the image of a pineapple suggested in the letter "O". I wish Ohana Ukuleles offered logo t-shirts for sale. Two of my three ukes are Ohanas and I'd surely wear one with either logo on it.

I would have guessed that the label logo is just too Hard to make look sharp on the head stock, with wear and tear. But see seeing that their website feature the head stock logo, it is more confusing.

I don't find the headstock logo objectionable, its fine with me. A single O would work. Then, if you had a baritone, you could call it the Big-O. ;)

I didn't like their stylized 'O' logo that used on a recent model's head stock, it didn't look right to me, as I quite like the original. :)

What I really dislike about their headstock logo is that they feel the need to combine their name with the word "ukuleles". Not only is this self-evident, but also a questionable plural.

Their pineapple logo would be way too bulky on a headstock, for my taste.

So for me, best would be either their headstock logo without the word "Ukuleles" or even better, just a stylized letter "O", like they have on a few models like the BK-70R.

What I really dislike about their headstock logo is that they feel the need to combine their name with the word "ukuleles". Not only is this self-evident, but also a questionable plural.

Their pineapple logo would be way too bulky on a headstock, for my taste.

So for me, best would be either their headstock logo without the word "Ukuleles" or even better, just a stylized letter "O", like they have on a few models like the BK-70R.

You have some good points!

I didn't like their stylized 'O' logo that used on a recent model's head stock, it didn't look right to me, as I quite like the original. :)

I kind of like it, they use it on their top shelf performance series...(Ohana TK-470G) a couple friends have one, they're very nice! :shaka:
O.jpg

First let me say, I really like Ohana Ukuleles. When I first saw the new stylized "O" I thought it was an "Oscar Schmidt".
The headstock logo really is not that important. I like logos that don't detract from the looks of the instrument.

I am with SailingUke, I noticed it the first time when browsing Ukes on Mim’s site. I would like to see the stylized “O” on all of the Ohana headstocks. Simple yet classy.

I am with SailingUke, I noticed it the first time when browsing Ukes on Mim’s site. I would like to see the stylized “O” on all of the Ohana headstocks. Simple yet classy.

:agree: The Big K's, all have a cool headstock logo, of course Kanile'a is my favorite, but the Ohana "O" is pretty cool...:shaka:

Just a heads up for those who might be interested. I contacted Ohana noting that they didn't sell Ohana brand/logo t-shirts and asked them if there were plans to offer them some time in the future. This was their reply:

"We do have plans to release t-shirts this year, and are finalizing some designs for them. They are projected to be available thru our website in a few months."

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

Top Bottom