Taranta played on a Gretsch Guitalele

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

I thought you might like this piece of music played on a Gretsch Guitalele.
A Taranta is a Spanish Flamenco style from the Murcia area of Andalucia. Usually played in a very contemplative mood and improvised over a standard series of chords and motifs. The tremolo section is mostly from Paco de Lucia - Fuente y Caudal.
I know its a little bit long but I hope you enjoy it!
Mike

Wow. So many good bits in there. I especially like the section from 5-6 min. What is that?

Wow. So many good bits in there. I especially like the section from 5-6 min. What is that?
Hi Jim,
That section is a little arpeggio section that I wrote many years ago and have adapted so many times. If you would like I will tab it out for guitar/guitalele and send it to you. it is very pretty to play on its own. I used to play for Flamenco dance classes in Leeds in the Uk and the girls always like me to play that in the warm up session!
Mike

That would be great! Even just the chord diagrams would be very useful, no need to tab out the picking patterns on my account. :shaka:
Hi Jim, I have tabbed out the relevant section for you. If you could pm me an email or somewhere to send it, I will forward it to you. It is in PDF form.
Cheers,
Mike

Top Bottom