String identification help

about2

Reaction score
I recently picked up a used Uke from a second hand store and I really like the strings on it. However I’m not familiar with this brand.

Can you help me identify them?

They are white and the tips are colored. The A string tip is red. The E string is blue. The C is green. The G is white or perhaps it is a different brand....not sure.

I’ve replaced the G string with a low G Pepe Romero string. Love it’s tone. But I’m curious about the others.

Btw, the Uke is a Kamoa e5 and is a lovely instrument...

Thanks

I agree with Don; I just put some Aquila "New Nylgut" strings on a soprano a few days ago, and they have the tip colors as described.

D'addario I think has G - black, C- green, E - purple, A - silver.

I also have a question: an ukulele that I bought used has black strings. Is there a way to determine if they are nylon, fluorocarbon, or nylgut without any other identifying marks?

D'addario I think has G - black, C- green, E - purple, A - silver.

I also have a question: an ukulele that I bought used has black strings. Is there a way to determine if they are nylon, fluorocarbon, or nylgut without any other identifying marks?

I haven't played any black fluorocarbons, such as the Fremont ones, but the Aquila Lava and Carbonblack strings are both a sort of grey colour, rather than black. I hope that helps. I have seen black nylon strings, though.

Top Bottom