CheeMaisel

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you know Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel, now husband and wife. They were a major part of the Allegheny Ukulele Soiree last weekend. They are great performers and great instructors. I signed up for three months of their instruction on ArtistWorks.com - $105 for unlimited access.

http://www.cheemaisel.com/

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Artistworks.com lessons. I took a workshop with Sarah and Craig last year in Portland, OR and it was pretty good. I will also have a workshop with them in June at the Ukulele University in Bend, OR. The online lessons might be the next step. Any insights you can provide would be great. Thanks!

I take online lessons from Sarah and have Artistworks as backup because of their tour schedule. I think the Artistworks lessons are pretty good. Like anything, you have to do the work. But if you do it you will advance and have a secure foundation.

Sarah and Craig live in the San Diego area, and go to my uke club now and then when they aren't touring. They are two of the nicest people you could meet. Anyone walking into the restaurant would think they were just a couple of weekend strummers, they are so low-key, just playing along to the songbook like the rest of us. I don't know nothing about the online program, but the human component is top-notch. :)

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Artistworks.com lessons. I took a workshop with Sarah and Craig last year in Portland, OR and it was pretty good. I will also have a workshop with them in June at the Ukulele University in Bend, OR. The online lessons might be the next step. Any insights you can provide would be great. Thanks!

If you want to improve, I recommend their course. Unfortunately, it's not magic. You have to follow the lessons and then practice until you are proficient. As Craig and Sarah have both said, practice in small steps. Whether you're trying to learn a new song or master a new technique, practice a small chunk of material until you can do it without trouble. If you try to learn a whole song all at once or learn a new technique with a quick run-through, it won't work. "Slow and steady wins the race."

I've been looking at the instructional videos, and I think if you can master the material in the Beginner section, you'll be a great player. If you can master the Intermediate, you could be an instructor at an event. If you sign up for this course, don't think you can skip the Beginner section based on the name. Completing and mastering this course would make you almost equal to Craig and Sarah. There is lots of detailed, tricky, impressive information here.

I met Sarah quite a while ago when I first started. They both are approachable, highly intelligent people, and make you feel that no matter what your level of playing is, you can improve and be the best you can be. I have had many conversations with Sarah, and have seen them perform both domestically and abroad, and their fan base is quite high.

They truly are one of our Ukulele Ambassador couples.

See them whenever and wherever you can.

I met Sarah quite a while ago when I first started. They both are approachable, highly intelligent people, and make you feel that no matter what your level of playing is, you can improve and be the best you can be. I have had many conversations with Sarah, and have seen them perform both domestically and abroad, and their fan base is quite high.

They truly are one of our Ukulele Ambassador couples.

See them whenever and wherever you can.

Yes, they are surprisingly "real" people and very friendly and approachable.

Top Bottom