Where do you like to play your ukulele at home?

As a freelance writer, editor, tutor, and musician, I have a dedicated office/practice room. Exploded diagrams of instruments and a few of my own paintings decorate the walls. Bookshelves of poetry, drama, and musical scores provide inspiration. A desk is tucked into the space below a window. Instrument stands line one of the room's edges; an instrument service station fills a small closet. In the corner, a pedal board and microphone sit before a drum throne and amplifier.

It's a great space for disciplined practice and creation.

As a freelance writer, editor, tutor, and musician, I have a dedicated office/practice room. Exploded diagrams of instruments and a few of my own paintings decorate the walls. Bookshelves of poetry, drama, and musical scores provide inspiration. A desk is tucked into the space below a window. Instrument stands line one of the room's edges; an instrument service station fills a small closet. In the corner, a pedal board and microphone sit before a drum throne and amplifier.

It's a great space for disciplined practice and creation.

Sounds nice. Would love to see a pic of that space.

Mostly sitting up in bed or in front of the tv. I have a solid-bodied Stagg that I bought for practice when I want to be quiet. Luckily my wife and child have never complained but I do sometimes pull back a little if I'm trying to practice something and I'm being really repetitive. I have a hook right next to my side of the bed so I can reach up and grab whichever is my favorite uke at the moment for a little practice before falling asleep. She's usually reading or on an ipad and doesn't seem to mind.

Top Bottom