Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

Walter emerges from the fallout shelter.
An old poem given a new kick.
A Wee original.

‘Is there anybody there?’ said the Robot,
Knocking on the bomb shelter door;
And his hovercraft hummed in the silence,
On the edge of the molten core:
A syborg flew out of the air vent ,
Above the above the robot’s head:
And he smote upon the door a second time;
‘Is there anybody there?’ he said.
But the door remained shut to the Robot;
No eye gazed from the portal hole
No data scan was made from his red eyes,
Though they burned as bright as coal.
For he suddenly smote on the door, even
Louder, and lifted his head:—
‘Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,’ he said.
No one came to the door of the shelter,
To listen to the words he had spoken
white noise crackled in the static
no one was there to be awoken:
Ay, no one heard the roar of the engine,
Or the the sound of steel on stone,
With a tick and click of the bomb door opened,
When the roar of the engines was gone.

Last edited:
I have gone for the Dystopian Themed Original Song for this week's season.

It's built around my Les Paul Concert Ukulele passed through a Zoom G1X multi-effects pedal. Bass & Drums by Band in a Box. Primitive lead guitar by me on my Yellow Peril (Ibañez Gio Mikro 3/4 length electric guitar).

Enjoy... or perhaps that's not quite the right word for this one ;)

No whippoorwill singing in this twilight, but there was a tree frog or something chirping.

We don't have Dixie the puppy anymore, her owner took her back after he got his new place all set up. But we do have a new puppy, permanently this time, so I've included some gratuitous puppy footage after the song.

We interrupt your regularly scheduled post-apocalyptic programming to notify you that Season 325 is up and running. We now return you to your nuclear wasteland.

when i saw that :bowdown: lynda carter had some songs on the list, i asked myself, "i wonder, woman, if you can bring any of those?" :uhoh: :rolleyes: ;)

and at first i thought i couldn't

but then i thought hey, if you really busk it, wildly inaccurately, maybe you can

so i did

"man enough"

I like to let pretty much anything fly in my weeks to be fair Keith. Especially with such a limited song list.

I hate to throw in the towel, but I just can't seem to crack this.

I really dig the Asylum Street Spankers version of "It's a Sin to tell a Lie" (Featuring ukulele), so I was excited to see it on the list. Already had a lead sheet printet i key of C.
I spent a lot of time practicing, transposing it to the key of A, making tabs for an instrumental verse and all... Only to realize that I just can't get that groove going :-/

Does anybody need ukulele tabs for that song in A?
I give up.

Nocturne Opus 9 No 2 Chopin

This was a challenge for sure. Here from classical radio, Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No 2, transcribed for ukulele.

I am grateful to our host for the inspiration! There was a lot of perspiration, and more to come, for this piece.

:)

Whenever I learn a song from the 30s, 40s or 50s, I end up playing it in my own sort-of-syncopated style. I hope to be more jazzy someday, but that day is not today, so here's my sort-of-syncopated take on Nena's amazing song...

Very late to the festivities this week . . . This song has been done a bit over the last two weeks, but it was the only one I figured I could learn and record with the time at hand . . .

Thanks for hosting Ryan! I was exposed to a lot of new material this week. Was pleasantly surprised by the Lynda Carter material and in particular liked 'Good Neighbor' a lot ~

Hey guys,

As you probably guessed, Season 324 is now closed for business. Was hoping to have got a wrap up done today but an impromptu family gathering happened and I've just finishing tidying away the maelstrom it brought.

It might be a little while before I get things wrapped up because I've just had the sort of bad news which is likely to lead to worse news in the near future so I'll be a bit preoccupied.

Suffice to say I've thoroughly enjoyed this week, as always, you guys definitely brought your A game, ESPECIALLY the ones who tackled the classical playlist.

You may not want to set the world on fire but I hope you all go and start a flame in Andy's Hot Hot Hot season.

Very sad to hear about this bad news. Praying for grace, peace, and deliverance.

����

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'll try and get a wrap up tonight if I get the chance. Feeling a bit better than I was last night.

Greetings,

Sorry to have missed your season, still helping Mom move. She has decades of junk to sort through.

Ciao
Gina

Top Bottom