Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

Here's another song on the list I've always liked, so I gave it a go. This is a song that translate well to uke I think, especially if I got more used to playing and singing it. This was a pretty quickly slapped together take.

To be honest Ryan, you nearly had me there. We are away in the van again, all week, with not a lot of WiFi for researching songs. It was only on about the fourth scan of the list that I spotted this one, which I have the chords for (but which I have never sung before). And after three nights out at loud social events, my throat isn't in best condition. Is that enough excuses?

I love this theme. I played a highly modded verion of the game with added tracks from the period. The added songs can be found here - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14946/ - and I associate many of them with hunting ghouls (like I associate the OG tracks). Can I also choose from that list?
If not then no problem because the OG's are fun as well; in fact, I have had the GNR and MMR cd's in my car for 2 years now almost on constant repeat.

To be honest Ryan, you nearly had me there. We are away in the van again, all week, with not a lot of WiFi for researching songs. It was only on about the fourth scan of the list that I spotted this one, which I have the chords for (but which I have never sung before). And after three nights out at loud social events, my throat isn't in best condition. Is that enough excuses?

I'm sorry Steve, you're bringing Blue Moon to a season hosted by a United fan? Not sure I can allow that.

I must admit, I'm not interested in computer games, so I read about Fallout for the first time yesterday on this site.
But the list of songs is great, even some classical stuff. My favorite station is the country-tinged Mojave, but for my first tune this week, I chose one from Radio New Vegas:
It's a Sin to tell a Lie played on my Kiwaya KTS-4 Soprano uke and my Eastwood Astrojet electric Tenor Guitar

I love this theme. I played a highly modded verion of the game with added tracks from the period. The added songs can be found here - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14946/ - and I associate many of them with hunting ghouls (like I associate the OG tracks). Can I also choose from that list?
If not then no problem because the OG's are fun as well; in fact, I have had the GNR and MMR cd's in my car for 2 years now almost on constant repeat.

If that list takes you back to stalking the Wasteland in Power Armour, it's fair game. In fact any song that can be linked to the apocalypse is good in my book now I think.

(And Steve, I'm only joking)

Good news as well, my wife is freed from the constraints of uni deadlines just in time to crochet a Vault Boy for this week's prize!

1388112853003.png

Last edited:

Hi, Ryan! I know from nothing about "Fallout", or any other game for that matter - the only ones I've ever played are "Solitaire" and "Free Cell"; very sad!!! Found this song on the list and thought I would do it quickly before anyone else did, as it's been a very wet Sunday afternoon here.

Can we use the songs listed on the Nexus mods. as detailed by Caztecio, Ryan?

Can we use the songs listed on the Nexus mods. as detailed by Caztecio, Ryan?

Yep, gave the okay above. A quick glance tells me it fits the mood and if Caz has first hand experience of playing the game with them I reckon it's fine!

I did not check if this song is on the list but it is a classic Randy Newman song
that fits perfectly the theme of Fallout. I am just blown away by his songs.

How about some Harlan Howard? This was a big hit almost simultaneously for Guy Mitchell and Ray Price.

Well. Due to family... issues (don't wanna say "emergency," because it wasn't bad or scary. Just sudden and urgent :) ) I haven't had the time to record the last few weeks, despite saying in one season that id planned to.

Being back home, now. YES. I was hoping for a season I could easily pull something for, considering my lack of time to really prep much. And this season is the perfect one for my return. X3. Absolutely ADORE the fallout series (and have done, once or twice, songs from it's soundtracks.) Even love it to the point that a Vault Suit (one of the iconic outfits from the series) is hanging in my closet, waiting for another chance at cosplay. :)

Gonna try my damndest to get at least one recording chance this week. Both to get myself back into the Seasons, and to not be able yo say I missed the Fallout Week. :)

Well. Due to family... issues (don't wanna say "emergency," because it wasn't bad or scary. Just sudden and urgent :) ) I haven't had the time to record the last few weeks, despite saying in one season that id planned to.

Being back home, now. YES. I was hoping for a season I could easily pull something for, considering my lack of time to really prep much. And this season is the perfect one for my return. X3. Absolutely ADORE the fallout series (and have done, once or twice, songs from it's soundtracks.) Even love it to the point that a Vault Suit (one of the iconic outfits from the series) is hanging in my closet, waiting for another chance at cosplay. :)

Gonna try my damndest to get at least one recording chance this week. Both to get myself back into the Seasons, and to not be able yo say I missed the Fallout Week. :)

Hope you can make it. Bonus points if you wear the Vault suit!

For Season of the Ukulele 324, we’re playing tunes featured in the video game series “Fallout”. From the Classical Radio Station playlist, here’s Grieg’s “In the Hall of the Mountain King”. Parts are tenor 1 (strum), tenor 2 (melody), Ubass, and melodica.

As always, i like to join in with my own season. If only to tick songs off my "Want to play" list. This is by Ella Fitzgerald and appears in 3 and 4. The band she has for the version in the game is fantastic. I've tried to capture it but I'm definitely not a jazz musician, however much I try to be.

Top Bottom