2018 Freeda's Uke Day(s) in Barnes WI, Aug 11

Freeda

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

If you are free on the weekend of Aug 11, why not visit beautiful Barnes, Wisconsin! It's in the actual middle of nowhere, right at the top of the Eau Claire chain of lakes in Northern Wisconsin. 45 minutes from Hayward, 45 minutes from Ashland, and 45 minutes from Duluth/Superior.

The lovely community Pavilion is reserved for Aug 11. There's bathrooms, shaded picnic area, playground, grills, etc.

Group Play & Pavilion open mic all day. POTLUCK LUNCH at the Pavilion.

Open Mic is confirmed for that evening at the Trading Post in Barnes. They have a full menu and bar, and have gluten free options.

After-party with fire - DEPENDING ON FIRE HAZARD RATING THAT DAY, the fire marshall is no joke - at my place, Northern Aloha, til the wee hours if you like.

Sunday Briski Breakfast at Northern Aloha - we'll start with a few dozen eggs and a few pounds of bacon. Bring something to throw in the pan and we'll see how long we can keep it going.

Sunday special music at the church, meet at 10am if you're interested. Talk to me ahead of time for music.

Camping is available at Northern Aloha IF you perform some kind of helping-out duties during this whole shindig. I'll need help with setup, cleanup, breakfast. You know what you're good at. Do that.

(Other instruments welcome, as it's a vacation area and people may want to come with their guitars, etc. We want to stay on friendly terms with the locals.)

Northern Aloha Address: 6530 County Highway N, Barnes WI
Pavilion location: 3360 County Highway N, Barnes WI

Sounds like fun. Nice of you to do this.

Top Bottom