Strings need changing but I forgot what was on to replace!

JesterBlod

Reaction score
Not another string debate - but...

I really love the strings on my Ziegenspeck Spruce top Tenor - but they need replacing, two have visible dents and I think the sound is changing.

Problem is I can't remember what they are... I know they are concert strings for the lighter feel I like - could be Living Water, could be Martins, could be Anuenue, I know they're not Worth.

In the scheme of things, strings aren't expensive so going to try out some Tenor strings I know I haven't tried before (Sugar and World of Ukes Clarity) possibly heading back to concert strings again.

Note to self - start writing down what strings are on what uke and what worked and what didn't!

Last edited:
Hello JesterBlod I wouldn't worry too much about this. Try any of the strings you mentioned, or something else, you may like them better. And you will also start the eternal quest for the perfect strings.

Well, you're in UK, might as well get some Living Water (my go to)...:shaka:

Hello JesterBlod I wouldn't worry too much about this. Try any of the strings you mentioned, or something else, you may like them better. And you will also start the eternal quest for the perfect strings.

Well on my way on that particular quest :) I'm just annoyed at myself that I haven't actually written down what I liked or disliked thinking "oh I'm sure I'll remember".....
Going to try sugar strings first, then if those don't suit I'll have the Clarity ones, then I'll probably end up back to using concert living waters.... maybe.

@UkerDanno - yes I like Living Water strings too. Have them on my three of my other ukes.

I keep a document where I intend to write down dates and brands of string changes (and any other maintenance) for all my instruments. But then I sometimes forget to update it. My better solution is to put the empty string package in the case's accessory compartment. I've been better about remembering to do that, and I have specific cases for all but one of my ukes.

Last edited:
Would your builder know?

JackJ and Nickie - both good ideas - but I don't have cases for each instrument and I know what was on the uke originally; Tenor Worth Clears.

I have now started a document to write down exactly what / when strings were put on and my initial thoughts on the sound. Now I need to not lose the document :rotfl: :smileybounce:

Top Bottom