Prayers for the Big Island

OhioBelle

Reaction score
To all UU members in harm's way from Kilauea, my thoughts are with you

Last edited:
Grab your uke & head for safety. Prayers going out to all our brothers & sisters on the Big Island.

Is Chuck Moore in the path of this eruption? He has a beautiful home and workshop that would be irreplaceable.

Positive thoughts to all those in harm's way. We were on the Big Island last summer. I'm sure things will look different the next time.

Is Chuck Moore in the path of this eruption? He has a beautiful home and workshop that would be irreplaceable.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...All the best to the people in the path!

PS, according to Chucks facebook page, it's 2 miles uphill from him.

Last edited:
Wow, yes, I just saw a video of the earthquake. I mistook this for a routine blow off at first, but this is something else. Lot of friends and family went through Cali fire evacuations last year; it's incredibly rough. Hope it's over very soon!!

Everything is replaceable, except people.

True Dat', but peoples lives are being destroyed...

Just wondering, do those people have insurance for a volcano?

Last edited:
You have not seen Bonnie and Chuck's home.

So. You think that saving the house and losing the owners would be a good idea? When was the last time you heard about Insurance companies replacing a life!
And just FYI I have seen the house.

I've been holding all on the Big Island close in my heart as well. My ukulele journey began after working with a group of youth on the edge of Mount Kīlauea, ultimately leading to the back room of a furniture store in Hilo. The cultural significance of this goes well beyond what we see in the news, much like the Spirit of Aloha and Pele herself...who can't be very happy that the lava is spilling onto her floor at the Halemaumau crater.

Top Bottom